“Delivered it all”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Delivered it all”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After antagonizing for weeks and scouring review sites I finally settled on making a reservation at Comfort Suites Kelowna.

From the website I saw it had a pool and water slide (perfect for my kids after driving for 7 hours). Also among the amenities important to me was a 'warm breakfast' included. I went ahead and used the prepay rate on a queen/king 1 bedroom suite and was hoping for the best.

Upon arrival, Lee greeted me warmly and verified my room was ready (we had arrived early at 1pm). It was indeed ready and he got us all set up.

We got to the room and WOW was the only description. The main room was extra large with a love seat and queen bed.. And fridge and microwave.. then the separate bedroom was also large with its own bath. The whole place was clean, contemporary and inviting.

The waterslide was great for my daughter and though the pool itself was a tad small did great for working out latent energy in us all.

Breakfast was also wonderful. Sausage, scrambled egg patties and waffles for warm to accompany traditional continental breakfast fare.

Check out was a breeze with no hidden strings with the prepaid rate.

I ABSOLUTELY recommend this hotel and will check out this franchise in other cities.

1 Thank SPAR2001
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on our welcoming hotel team and guest room amenities. Our larger family suites truly are amazing guest rooms- thank you so much for the WOW! We love to hear this! Look forward to welcoming you back to our award winning location.
Warm Regards, Carla Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
calgary
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I checked in for the weekend, I found out there was a minor hockey tournament in town and was quite skeptical about staying here. The hotel was hosting what looked like a lot of teams, but was reassured by Lee at Front Desk, that this would not hinder my experience. HE WAS RIGHT. My family and I are so happy we chose this Hotel out of all the others in the area. The room was very clean and very spacious. There were a few moments where the noise got out of control in the hallways, but with a hotel full of children, that can be expected. I was chatting with Lee at the front desk about where to take my family for dinner, when suddenly a whole group of kids ran through the lobby yelling and being obnoxious, he excused himself from our conversation and walked right up to them and told them to please be quiet and have respect for everyone around them. I laughed. Bravo!! He did it with such confidence and authority. The kids apologized, and the parents sitting around in the lobby came and shook his hand. I've never seen that before. I give this hotel a top rating, because of the cleanliness, the waterslide (if you have kids), and the free brekky. Keep it up!! good job Comfort Suites... Lee, you gave my family a great Spring Break vacation..Thanks guys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gizmo p
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your family vacation with us. Thank you so much for your favorable comments. Lee truly does his best to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay whether for work, team event or vacation- and I am so pleased that he was able to ensure this for you. We look forward to be able to welcome you back on your next vacation. All the best,
Carla Carlson, General Manager
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are fine. Internet is terrible. Food was ok. Hotel was quiet until kids hockey team checked in. Kids yelling & running up & down the hallways. Parents talking way too loudly in the hallway to other kids. All this was happening past 10pm. Never experienced such disrespectful parents in my life. I'll never put my family through this again especially during spring break. I'll spend twice as much so we don't have to deal with this bad experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. Sincerely we are more often recognized for award winning stays and truly are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet provide this for you and your family. 99 percent of the teams that compete and sell out Kelowna on weekends are absolutelty wonderful;we do find that most do follow our "code of conduct' rules that we give to the coaches, managers and players on check in. However, sincerely, I truly apologize for the disturbances that were shown to you while you stayed with us. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Kelowna in the future. Carla, General Manager
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel. We had a puppy with us and there was a nice boarder of grass for him to walk. Our room was pet friendly and didnt smell like a pet. Very clean, friendly staff and would stay again. Only a minutes drive to all the shopping and restaurants.

1 Thank Nanootka
Thank you so much for your comments! We are thrilled to be acknowledged as your HOME AWAY FROM HOME. Thank you- its our honor!! As an award winning hotel with amazing guest services- we too are so very happy to be able to welcome your entire family. We do have limited number of pet rooms on our main floor wing- but are so pleased to be able to offer wonderful rooms and stay as a Pet Friendly hotel. Thank you again and hope to be able to WELCOME YOU BACK HOME in the future.
Cheers,
Carla
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

my stay at this hotel was plesant as my room was very clean the housekeeper were very friendly assited with my safe and were always smileing as well as front desk staff were more then helpful thanks comfort suits for another wounderful stay

Room Tip: family suite are wounderful at this property
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank casha h
Thank you so much for taking the time to make write up on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read the acknowledgments for our housekeeping team- the houskeepers earned "spirit of hospitality" award for Choice hotels and their positive enthusiasm for making our hotel sparkely clean is truly appreciated. Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Carla
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

King Suite
King bedding was a wrinkled mess - see pics. Nothing was pressed but was put on as a wrinkled mess
No TV in sitting or desk area, only a reg size tv in bedroom
Splash marks on wall around tub surround - i definately wasn't gping to sit down for a bath
I have no idea how this hotel rates so high
Located on outskirts in industrial/commercial area - no good views and away from all shopping and good restaurants

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Dee5858
Truly dissapointing to receive your comments- Sincerely, we are more often commended for our cleanliness and high standards. Please email me directly at gm@comfortsuiteskelowna.com so that I can investigate further into your stay and services. I truly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again, Carla ,GM
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We are Dave and Peg from Minnesota. We are skiing Big White and based our stay on the reviews we found in Tripadvisor. The Comfort Suites was excellant. The staff friendly and room a studio suite was perfect for all our stuff. We are traveling by car for a month and skiing central BC. We don't stay in the various ski resorts on the mountain and prefer to stay in the towns and cities around the ski areas. Kelowna is a great city with plenty of resturants and many motels/hotels to choose from. W so much enjoyed our room and the Comfort Suites that we extended our stay two additional days. Again, the entire staff was so friendly and helpful. The breakfast included with the room rate was great and a wonderful way to start the day. We highly recommend staying here and when we return again to ski Big White, Silver Star and Sovereign Lakes Nordic Center for x-c and snowshoeing, we'll return here to Comfort Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave H
Absolutely Wonderful Comments- Thank you so much! I am sure you enjoyed an amazing SKI vacation in our region- and we truly are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, Thanks so much for taking the time to write your positive feedback and sincerely- we do hope to be able to welcome you back next year for another great SKI adventure. all the best-
Carla Carlson,