“Hard to fault”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had been recommended to Raudz by our son, daughter and her husband, together with our B&B hosts. We were not disappointed. The place was exceptionally busy and to get a table in the main dining area involved a lengthy wait, but we were offered seats at the bar which we gladly accepted, at least we could watch as the barman mixed up cocktails. As I am writing this review several weeks after our visit, I cannot remember what we had to eat, except to say our meals were served without too much delay by very friendly staff. The food was amazing well worth the money. If you go to Kelowna, make sure you visit Raudz!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

After a long wait for this popular restaurant, we were served our dinners and found both of them to be drenched in oil. We are pescatarians who enjoy oily fish and a splash of olive oil in our meals, but this was way beyond that, to the point that my wife had severe gastric distress. Otherwise, service was fine and we enjoyed the movie quotations over the kitchen. We would not recommend this restaurant at this time, although it is possible they just had an off night.

4  Thank Willie-Nillie
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a fantastic experience here. We called ahead so we we didn't have to wait in line. Had little trouble with the off season parking and entered into a warm, if a bit noisy, atmosphere.

I had their steak sandwich re-imagined which was like a high end hamburger with tenderloin instead of ground beef. It was absolutely delicious - though a bit uncivilized. You need a pretty sturdy bun to handle the physical stress of tearing into steak instead of hamburger. My bun almost made it through to the end, but self-destructed before I was done. Tasty? You bet! But a little barbaric if you plan on impressing your date.

Overall the food here was excellent, unique, and considerably under-priced for its quality. Yes, it's more expensive than McDonald's, but it's both cheaper and considerably better than The Keg.

I will be back next time I'm in Kelowna.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We love RauDZ. My husband and I come here for special date nights or with out-of-town guests whom we know will recognize and appreciate exceptional cuisine. This restaurant presents fresh culinary masterpieces that are built from scratch using local ingredients. I will never grow tired of eating here.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was completely surprised, and in a good way! This restaurant had the freshest, best cheeseburger I've ever eaten. From the lettuce to the cheese to the burger itself. The cocktail was made from bitters made in house and it was one of the best I've had. Great service, and friendly bar. We sat at the bar as we would have had to wait over an hour for a table. WE were there at 5:30, but I guess it is crazy popular. The blueberry cheesecake dessert I had was so amazing, not too sweet, focusing on flavor not hiding flavor by using too much sugar. I can not say enough about this restaurant's food and cocktails. It's a MUST visit.