“Worth waiting for, but come early”

Raudz Regional Table
Ranked #4 of 645 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Tonight we dined at RauDZ for the first time and since the wait was 45min for the restaurant we decided to try sitting at the bar which has the same menu. The room was busy and we enjoyed the action of the bartenders while we had our drinks. I tried the local chocolate oatmeal stout and it was very good. For starters we had the artisan bread with hummus and garlic butter, very good selection and lots there so save some room for the mains! My Arctic char was very nicely done and my partner had their take on fish and chips which she loved, especially the blackberry ketchup. We didn't have room for dessert but the rhubarb dessert looked interesting.

1  Thank Bruce S

Reviewed April 20, 2014

great local ingredients used in all dishes - get there early - no reservations accepted - by 6pm it is packed

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

To reference the quote board in the restaurant: "What's up doc?" For a restaurant so highly regarded it seemed quite hit and and miss... The crab cuppacino and bacon wrapped plums appetizers were pure genius! The carpaccio... absolutely devine but the venison butcher by the litre worth of mustard sauce helping - scratch the mustard, half the wall nuts & bread in favour of some simple olive oil returning the venison to the highlight of the dish. As for entrees, the Arctic Char... incredible! As for the salmon, when you could find the fillet, you definitely received your weeks worth of salt intake ruining the meal however the beets were great! Thankfully the deserts redeemed themselves - totally out of this world!

2  Thank Ryan V
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Looking for an interesting menu? Fresh local food? Open modern ambiance? This is one of the best restaurants in Kelowna. The menu is full of unique combinations of delicious foods. Every meal at the table was great...especially dessert.

1  Thank Desjoquist
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Raudz...let me see if I can find the words... Hmmm... Let me break it down. I'll start with the entrance. Greeting is always friendly and unless you arrive right at opening, there will be a wait. I guarantee it. Raudz does not take reservations. I'm on the fence with this policy. It seems a bit pretentious to me, however the service, wine and food seem to make up for it.

The wine... For a wine lover like me, the wine list is like wine utopia. It's amazing. I'm always stumped at what to order. If I could order a glass of each I would, but that may be overzealous, or maybe not... My personal fave is the Blue Mountain Pinot Noir, particularly if your ordering a fish dish...it's a must if you prefer red vs white. Can't speak for the cocktails, but they sound interesting.

The Food... Once again, the only way to describe it is Foodie Utopia. I always seem to go for the Codfathers Selection or the Butchers Cut and never have I gone wrong. The food at Raudz? I've dined many place, in Kelowna, Vancouver, around the world, but at Raudz I am always blown away... Delicious is an understatement.

The atmosphere... It's loud, vibrant, and makes me smile. I love sitting at the bar (first come first serve)...it's just more lively. The service is friendly and attentive. There is an air of pretention that permeates at times, I don't really know why (I've heard several people say the same, so it's not only me), but I keep going back for more...the company that I'm with always makes up for it.

If you haven't been...go. Just eat, drink and be merry. You will not regret it.