“Fantastic!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central City
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Fantastic food and great atmosphere. We went as a group of 8 adults, all from different parts of Canada, and we loved it! Original, beautifully presented, fantastic flavor combinations. The smaller priced and smaller quantity deserts were very satisfying without making us feel that we had over eaten (Great idea!). The service was perfect too! A lot of wine was consumed (family re-union of sorts) so for 4 appetizers, 8 mains, 8 desserts, some coffee, tea and many bottles of wine the bill was $700. You can come out with a much smaller bill without much trouble and still feel that you had plenty of great food. I will take my kids next time.

2  Thank TDM_13
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I showed up here for dinner on our recent first-time trip to Kelowna. I had read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand, which largely guided me here. We showed up at 6:15pm on a Wednesday knowing they do not take reservations, but hoping the restaurant wouldn't be too busy given the time/day. When we walked in there were 4 open tables (2 smaller, 2 larger) and we were the only people in line. No one acknowledged us when we walked in for the first 2-3 minutes as we just stood there, then as about 4 other couples walked in someone came up and asked "Has anyone helped you yet?" When we said no, we waited again for the actual hostess to come up to the front. We asked for a table for two, and she pretty rudely told us it would be "at least an hour" and she would take our number and call us. I had read the previous TripAdvisor review of someone who had a similar experience, but we gave our number and left. 90 minutes later we received a call, no voicemail left, or further follow-up. We ended up eating elsewhere given how poorly they treated us walking in - not a good first impression, especially when it truly did not seem very busy at all (and I'm still puzzled how you can have MULTIPLE open tables and an hour wait time already at 6:00pm - something in the front of the house is being mismanaged). Our second night in Kelowna we briefly considered going back at 5pm, then quickly decided not to give our business to a restaurant that doesn't seem to care about patrons.

11  Thank MapleLeafPassport
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ordered several appetizers to share, everything was delicious, creatively presented; edible flowers in salad, Blackberry ketchup. We will come back next time we are in kelowna!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Such a creative list of cocktails, many using local ingredients. The bartenders were friendly and attentive and definitely were skilled at their craft.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had an amazing meal here. I ordered the Tuna Casserole and it was absolutely delicious. Since I was in Kelowna on business, I was alone and I ate at the bar. The bar staff was amazing and really friendly. The atmosphere was great, you can see all of the chefs in action in the kitchen.

1  Thank Kristina H