“SCAM ARTIST”
Review of Okanagan RV Park

Okanagan RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelowna
Okanagan RV Park
Ranked #28 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Kelowna
“SCAM ARTIST”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently my family and I stayed at the okanagan rv park when we got there the owner (Mary) was very polite and welcoming as are stay went on I must tell you we were waiting for a spot to open up at lighthouse rv park as I was saying things turned and fast like other reviews it's right beside a very busy cardlock station and we drove right by because u don't think rv park in between and rv dealer and gas station we where there over a week $50 plus tax a night bathrooms were not cleaned once in our entire trip and the showers cost $1 for maybe 7 minutes overall this women is a con artist we payed for a month stay at $700 plus tax a month totalled $784 when we said we would be leaving that's when she turned around refused to refund would only give us a statement of payment after repeated phone calls and after a threat to go to Castanet and call the government about her pocketing money she agrees to refund but we had to pay the daily rate over $454.00 so in my experience at the rv dirt park it's a waist of space it makes the okanagan look bad and it's an insult to use the words okanagan in its name

• Stayed September 2012
9 Thank tipsters

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family recently returned from a 6-week RV trip to BC. Because of transmission issues with our RV we had to stay at the Okanagan RV Park due to the proximity to the service station. By far it was the most expensive RV park we stayed at. At $55/night you are staying in a glorified parking lot. The location is terrible - the RV park is on noisy Highway 95 and is right beside a very busy Cardlock gas station where semi-trucks are driving in and out all night long. For the price, the RV park should at minimum have WiFi and a picnic table at each site. I told Mary, the owner, that her rates were $13/night more expensive than the most expensive RV park we previously stayed at (which was a two minute drive from White Rock, BC and had an indoor pool, hot tub, green space, picnic tables and WiFi) and she told me $55/night was a discount. I was speechless. During our trip we relied on a Woodall's RV camping book to find RV parks. The Okanagan RV park was not even listed and now I can see why. If I had to rate this park according to past experiences using the Woodall's rating system. I would give this RV park zero out of 5 in all catagories. Unless you are extremely desperate and have no other options like we had, do not stay at the Okanagan RV Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CAPSS
Paris
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a poor excuse for an RV Park. On one side is a commercial truck fueling station and the front of the park is facing the traffic coming down a hill. The stalls are extremely narrow and the entrance is a joke for big rigs. The total site is gravel and very dusty.Mary does not accept credit or debit cards because you would cancel the charges once you see this place. Once she cashes your deposit cheque you can never get a refund. Her attitude towards customers is if you drive away she doesn't have to put up if you and she pockets your money. A Walmart parking lot is a huge upgrade to this place.

Stayed August 2012
24 Thank Glen S
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was forced to pre-pay for our entire trip in order to make a reservation. I was told that I would receive a confirmation email once they received my cheque which they never did. The address I sent the cheque to was different than the RV park so we had a horrible time finding the place. The RV park is right in the middle of an industrial area. The sites are tiny and there are no fire pits or picnic tables. The owner Mary is a "right in your face" kind of person. The prices were high ($60 + tax per night) which was completely over-priced for what you get. They don't even include cable vision in that price! I mentioned to the owner that the campground looked nothing like the pictures (which were very cleverly taken by the way). She shoved a brochure in my face and asked me what was different. I looked it over and realized the pictures were fairly accurate so I just told her, "well, the pictures definitely don't tell the whole story, do they?" I would never recommend this place to anyone. There are way nice campgrounds in West Kelowna that are by the lake. Give someone else your business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank nugget1427
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at Oakanagan RV Park, and thought it was great! The site was more than big enough for our 30 foot 5th wheel, and awning. It was quiet and relaxing and very friendly. I reserved spots ahead of time, and the owner, Mary, was more than accomadating. We had to cancel a spot due to a death in the family, and when we arrived she greeted us with a beautiful plant and her sympathies. We had never met her until we arrived, but had been in email contact. The other people camped here were very friendly and helpful. It is very clean and the bathrooms, showers and laundry were spotlessly clean. We didn't spend much time during the day at the camp as we were out sightseeing and things, but the evenings were great, very relaxing We will be back!!! I have to say, Mary is a wonderful, amazing, and very friendly lady.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We drive an old airstream travel trailer. They are very sought after and extremely expensive. We have spent countless hours pouring our heart and soul into the unit, however, at Okanagan RV, we just got a big fat "Not Welcome Here" sign.

Very rude people. If you have the choice, give your hard earned money to someone else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank thelastrecidivist
Red Deer
Reviewed September 2, 2009

If you are going to go to Kelowna, Book early!! We did not and were forced to stay at this camp ground. It is no wonder that there was an opening as there is nothing there. There is a fueling petro pass right beside it, so trucks are fueling as early as 6 am as well as helicopters taking of and landing at different times of the day. If you just need a spot to drop off your trailer (with hook ups) and leave, then this would be ok, but if you are spending time at your trailer then I would look else where.
You are about a 15 minute drive to any of the beaches.
not a great spot at all.
Very pricy for what you get.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RedDeerTravelman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelowna
Super 8 West Kelowna BC
Samesun Kelowna
#2 of 35 in Kelowna
Alexandria House Bed & Breakfast
#11 of 26 in West Kelowna

Been to Okanagan RV Park? Share your experiences!