“Great Location, Good Burger”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gorgeous George's Gourmet Burgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great Location, Good Burger”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wow, I'm a bit disappointed reading the other reviews about a freshly made burger. That is definitely not the case any more. It was machine made and slapped on the grill (from the cooler). The burger is good, but no where as good as a "5 Guys and Fries". If you added mushrooms and onions, you would have like a $12 burger ($1.49 per "extra" item). The cheese burger comes with cheddar, but if you want any other cheese you have to pay $2 more? Really?? Had the blue cheese, but it was very mild, certainly not worth and extra $2. I certainly would never go out of my way to go here, but if your at the beach, want a burger, it has a good location, plus you can get your burger and/or poutine to go in a "to go" box. Or you can go a few doors down to Earls and grab one of their burgers, the price is similar but there are plenty of tables, better view and a lot better drink selection (ie beer & wine). I also agree with other reviewers, the burger is small, you can't even see the meat. The place is small, only 3 tables and a bar for 3 in the window. The fries were fresh and hot. I also did not like the fact that the default tips on the debit/credit machine start at 15% (this is not a full service restaurant, so it should start at 10%). The only reason I rate this place "average" is because the food was good (not fabulous), but its certainly not worth $11 (cheese with $2 extra for the Blue), but it is Kelowna during the summer! I think 2.5 stars would be a better ranking.

• Visited August 2012

BC
“New management?”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

All I can say is...disappointing :( This was our go-to burger joint. Sure, the prices were high, but the burger was made as we watched, not to mention the selection of gourmet cheese we could choose from add at no additional price. After today's experience and hearing that there are new owners, we will most definitely NOT be returning. The menu has changed slightly and now any cheese other than cheddar is an additional 1.49$. The most disappointing part however, was the burger itself. The patty is no longer hand made in front of you, it is now a frozen patty (thinner than 1/4') thrown onto a grill. It was barely noticeable in the bun. I don't mind paying a premium price but this burger is a clear rip off. Not sure why their business model changed, but they have lost 2 loyal customers. Will head to White Spot next time we have a burger craving.

• Visited May 2012
Kelowna
“New Management?”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Menu board has a whole lot less info then I remember. Not sure if it was the staff that was working this time but almost every time I have been in the past was the tall bearded fellow and those times are the times I base my very often shared opinions on this place upon. I remember the burgers being huge with the perfect amount of toppings and sauce. This past time I went (Mother days) there was like 5 people working (which is from what I have seen there unheard of) and the burger seemed smaller and the amount of sauce on the burger was kind of gross. I hope it was just the staff working being new or something because based on that visit I would never return but based on the many times I have been in the past I would never pass up a GGGBurger :D I have honestly sang on the rooftops about how amazing the burgers are here and how they are my favorite of all time (if you knew me you would know this statement is major) In my opinion they need to get their act back together or fatburger is taking my favorite kelowna burger title...

TL;DR I have told to many people how amazing they are and was very disappointed the last time I went.

• Visited May 2012
Kelowna
“Good people cool atmosphere”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Bar none the best burger in all of Kelowna. Nothing like feeling comfortable in a hamburger joint that isnt a franchise by any means.Ya it costs a few bucks more but do yourself a favour and spend it. Worth every penny!!!!!!

Visited March 2012
kelowna
“The best in town!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

If you are looking for the best burger fix in the okanagan look no further. The burgers, fries, poutine are all to die for. Brings a tear to my eye.