“Even my son who didn't like burgers loved his burger!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gorgeous George's Gourmet Burgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The best burgers our family has ever had! They were juicy and you could taste the difference in the meat. Yes, sloppy but you could ask for less sauce I suppose. My 4 yr old didn't like burgers at that time but really liked his at GG and even made him a fan of burgers! As for the price, I'd say its similar to going to Red Robins where teens cook up frozen patties and serve it along with their frozen fries. I'd say GG is the best burger joint in town!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We went to Gorgeous Georges based on a recommendation from our hotel staff. We enjoyed the experience but were surprised to realize that the restaurant doesnt carry anything but burgers and fries. We have a three year old that doesn't like hamburgers. I was surprised to see that they didn't have a hot dog or chicken strips option. I ended up getting a grilled chicken breast for her which was fine but just a bit surprising. The burgers and fries were great though!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I wanted to like this place, I really did. I had been told it was a must do in Kelowna. When I finally made it there with my group we were totally ignored by a young girl working there and as well by the guy who was cooking. Really only acknowledgement we are standing there is needed when they are busy. While we were being ignored we had the chance to observe the cook in action. (the cooking area is quite open) We observed both him and the cashier/waitress...how do I say this politely?...violate the most basic foodsafe rules. I was quite turned off and not sure if I should order at all. My group decided yes despite the warning signs.
At this point we did receive some attention and ordered. An older man came out who looked to be in charge so I quietly pulled him aside and told him I hated to complain but I would prefer that the nosewiping cook not touch my food without washing his hands as previously observed.. No problem he said and spoke to his cook. So all good right? No! We then watched the cook bring out RAW chicken cupped in his hands and then wipe them on his apron and continue to cook.
He then proceeded to pick up the cooked chicken from the grill and cut it up then use his hands to move it to our poutine. The cheese curds were placed on the fries with his unwashed hands as well. At one point he took off his hat and ran his hands through his hair. I was so thoroughly disgusted that I walked out. I could bear no more.
My group still ate the food despite my concerns. One dish was passable the southwest chili poutine not so much.
I, for one, will tell all my friends not to eat here. I am really worried someone will end up seriously ill. I am in the restaurant business myself and would never condone such appalling hygiene.
I usually don't complain but felt so strongly about this I had to.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Gorgeous George makes the best burger I have ever had. True it is a bit sloppy, but all that slop is what makes it incredibly tasty. Their commitment to freshness is above any other burger place I know! Don't worry about the price, it is worth every penny...

Marcus

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We had a suprise party for my wife the other night, and Gorgeous George's was the perfect place for it. Lionel was very helpful and accommodating in setting up the party, and it went off without a hitch.
The burgers are simply the best in town. Everyting is cooked fresh for you, and the choice of toppings is huge as well. 'Applewood smoked cheddar and back bacon please!'
Don't go there with a new pair of white pants, because they can be messy to eat, but well worth it! They have lots of napkins ready for you to clean off after.
But, it's not just burgers, they hand cut their fries, and they have different kinds of poutines like mushroom and gorgonzola, and a 'Sloppy George' poutine which I need to try next...
Thanks again for an awesome party, and we will be back really soon!

1  Thank Krista F