All reviews central reservations hot tub stay there again condo fireplace bedroom
Reviewed January 24, 2017

Stayed here for 7 nights for a family skiing holiday. Unit 105 was very well fitted out and would highly recommend it. Not as easy to access the slopes as other accommodation options right in the town centre, but it is not too difficult.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
BWCR, Manager at Grizzly Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear Joanne K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the travel community. We really appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Grizzly Lodge, so close to the village center! We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Big White Ski Resort in the near future!

Reviewed March 10, 2016

My wife and I booked a unit so that we would have space for us, our son and his wife and their two little ones (almost 2 and 4 years old). The property was perfect for the 6 of us! The bunk bed idea in one bedroom was perfect for the 2 little ones and our son and his wife. The master bedroom was ideal for my wife and I. Having 2 bathrooms was great. The MB had a 4-piece ensuite. Beds were comfortable. There was adequate floor space for us to relax in when we finished playing outdoors. The fireplace was excellent! Kitchen was well equipped and we cooked all of our own meals in the condo. Nice views from the room. One really nice feature about the village and our room was access to the gondola. We rode it a lot. The kids loved it. And it is free. Another great detail is the large common room that is on the ground floor. If we needed extra space we could let the kids run in the bigger room. I enjoyed the pool table! And we also made use of the hot tub and sauna. All of us could relax and play in the hot tub and my son and I made good use of the sauna. Underground parking was easy to drive in and out of. It is not a true ski in/ski out as you have to work a bit to get to a ski run (navigate a tunnel) or to the village. But the distance is not that bad and we brought a sled + GT sno-racers to pull the children. All in all we had a blast and would love to visit again.

Room tip: If you have small children we would recommend the ground floor.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BWCR, Manager at Grizzly Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2016

Dear Rick G,

Thank you for providing such thoughtful and thorough feedback regarding your recent stay at Big White Ski Resort. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Grizzly Lodge and we are happy to hear you took pleasure in the bonus common room and hot tub and sauna. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future!

Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in grizzly lodge for a family vacation. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom facing the gondola and it was fantastic with great views of the mountains and lovely sunsets. The building is built like a log cabin with a lot of log features throughout, you really feel like you are in a ski lodge. Good proximity to two chairs lifts and can walk from or ski in from the village. I highly recommend this building for families since there is an awesome great room so that you can get some space from one another. It has couches, TV, pool table and some games. There is also a sauna and hot tub. All in all a great building.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank WestCoastTrio
BWCR, Manager at Grizzly Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Dear 10975WestCoast,
Thank you for providing such thoughtful and thorough feedback regarding your recent stay at Big White Ski Resort. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and everything that Grizzly Lodge has to offer including the great room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2015

This is our second time staying at Grizzly Lodge and we just think it is wonderful.
For a family of four, the accommodation is perfect, with an ensuite room for the adults and den with bunk beds for the children.
The views from our condo were just beautiful, an absolute joy to wake up to every morning.
The ski in/out is so easy, with just a very short stroll to the slopes and access to the lifts. A quick walk across the road and you're in the village centre. Perfect.
We're planning our 2016 return :-)

Date of stay: April 2015
2  Thank ElizabethH371

Dear Elizabeth H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback regarding your stay with us at Grizzly Lodge and Big White Ski Resort. We are pleased to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2015

Just got back from Grizzly Lodge at Big White. We stayed in a Premium Studio on the 1st floor. View was not the greatest looking at the road. We had a pull out couch (okay for sleeping) and a murphy bed. The bathroom was on the smallish side. The vestibule was small and should be bigger.

The internet was fast as every room had their own dedicated wifi router and a flat screen TV (about 35"?) with Telus Optik TV Box running off the router. Lots of channels to watch. The internet was very fast and you can stream video over it. I forgot to bring my chromecast dongle, but I'm sure you could find a HDMI port on the TV to plug it in. I brought my own travel router to work with the chromecast (if I remembered to bring it). Not sure you can use the existing room router to work with chromecast though (most likely you could as you don't need to sign into the internet, you get a wpa password for your router).

There was a laundry room on the 1st floor, but it wasn't marked on any floor plan I saw.

For skiing, you had to walk 15 m across the parking lot from the garage side door. Walk up a shallow incline under a bridge to put on your skis and you can ski down to the Snow Ghost, Ridge Rocket or Plaza chair. You could walk up easily to the village too.

The furnishing was nice and in good condition. There was enough cooking utensils in the kitchen. But there was no salt or pepper in the shakers on the table. The counter top dishwasher could not fit the large plates.

From what I can see, the heat only comes from the gas fireplace. The windows could not open (from what I can tell) and I don't think there's any air conditioning for the summer time (but I can be mistaken).

I would get a higher floor looking away from the village next time.

Room tip: Laundry room on 1st floor. Better view is away from the village (towards south)
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BWCR, Manager at Grizzly Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2015

Dear Garfield_Cat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Grizzly Lodge. Many units at Big White offer Telus Optik TV and high-speed wireless in-room internet service. However, in compliance with health and safety rules, we are not supposed to supply salt and pepper. Rather, the shakers are provided in case guests wish to bring their own salt and pepper. The units in Grizzly Lodge span three floors and include different numbers of bedrooms and bedding configurations, as well as different views. For example, odd-numbered units feature a view of the Monashee Mountains. You may be interested in booking an odd-numbered unit for your next visit. Thank you again for your feedback!