“Location, location, location”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just back from a relaxing week spent in a huge apartment #256 at the Royal Private Residence Club. The rooms were spotless and well appointed. The buiding was lovely and quiet, its luxuary to have the gym, hot tubs and infinity pool to ourselves. The weather was great for early March and even though we had snow the infinity pool was warm enough to swim in in comfort. Wake up to breathtaking views of a shimmering lake, snow capped mountians and all within a short walk from the centre of town.

Room Tip: #256 was a large spacious suite that would comfortable fit 2 adults and 2 children with 3 bedrooms a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great place to stay! They have Wifi now! Clean,quiet, quality finish. Traditional decor but timeless. Love the outdoor hot tub and infinity pool. Service was fast and friendly. Lovely lake and lagoon view. We walked everywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alan H
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just returned from a five night stay at the RPRC. In a word....blissful. We had a big 2 bedroom & den unit that faced the lagoon/lake. All finishes are high-end; no expenses spared. You know they went all out when even the fridge is a SubZero! Regarding WiFi, much has been said on other reviews so I brought my little wireless router and everyone was happy! Staff was attentive and prompt to respond to all our requests. The rooftop infinity pool is a gem. Awesome 180 deg views while basking on the loungers or hanging out in the hot tub. 3 Weber BBQs were available for use on the rooftop and all utensils are provided. The wet bar area has an ice maker, wine-chiller, dishwasher, so you can enjoy al-fresco dining in style. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AKUEI
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We just returned from a four night stay at this hotel. We loved it! We had a one bedroom suite that included a full bedroom, a den with a double bed (this room had double doors so it was private), insuite laundry, full kitchen, dinning area, living room, and a full bathroom plus an additional powder room. The balcony was large and had a beautiful view of the water. The pool was heated and very comfortable, even on colder days. The pool even had a view from the water.

We also loved the location, and found we could walk to many places, including a fabulous French bistro that is a must do! You will love it!

We had a few issues with the wifi, but have been told they are working on the problem. We ended up plugging in our laptop the old fashion way, and that worked just fine. We could not get our iphones to connect to the wifi which was too bad.

This trip was just my husband and I, but we could have easily fit our two boys in the room. In fact, you could even sleep a few extra people on the pull-out coach.

For food we ate at the lounge, the grill, and even did room service. The food was excellent!

This was worth spending the extra money! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the 5th floor. It was great not to have anyone above us.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Adams2615
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had a one bedroom with den that provided ample room for the two of us. The decor is Tuscan and not our style, as it is a bit on the dark side, but we pulled back all the heavy drapes and just loved the view. The balcony is expansive with a patio table, umbrella and four chair, and two loungers, overlooking the lagoon and lake. You get the same wonderful view from the bedroom with King bed that is very comfy. The bathroom is well appointed with a great shower. One negative is no WiFi so unless you have 3G you will have to plug in, which is inconvenient these days! The infinity pool and fitness centre and amenities on the roof looked amazing, however we did not use them. Great location for walking to the entertainment district (art gallery, theatre, arena) and downtown for the restaurants (Keg, Earls, Ric's), and the casino adjacent to the Delta is nice. The waterfront trails are great.

Room Tip: Splurge for the lakeview, it is lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Feuchts
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The room was beautiful, with a balcony overlooking the Lake and the float planes.
If you are here to do a little work and need WiFi you are out of luck. There is a plug in behind an endtable in the living room, and there was a short Cat 5 cable. You could not use your laptop at the table, the counter, or on the balcony if you needed internet. Hopefully this will be changed in the future.
In the main hotel (Delta Okanagan Grand) I heard a guest being told that WiFi would be $11.99 per day. So perhaps when the Private Residence Suites do get WiFi there may be a charge associated with it. I have personally never been to a hotel that charged for WiFi before, so was a little surprised to hear this.
There were a few things missing in the room (such as filters for the coffee maker) but when I telephoned Guest Services everything was made right very quickly.
Getting to the room proved to be a trial for me, mostly because of the young girl Stephanie who checked me in at the Delta Grand. She was impatient and I think expected me to know where to go. I wanted Valet Parking, but had quite a bit of stuff with me so wasn't prepared to leave my car there at that moment. She suggested I self-park. I tried to ask her how I would get to where I was going from there, she kept looking at the next person waiting for her service and saying "I will be right with you", I paid her for self-park, (again, not what I wanted), she did not tell me that there was a special spot to park for the Royal Private Residence, nor did she give me a voucher to put on my dash. There I was in the parking garage very lost with lots of luggage. I managed to find my way outside, bumping down some stairs with my suitcases and ended up on some grass. I saw some condo-looking buildings and headed in that directionm, very tired, and frustrated. I made it over to the condos and started looking for my room. A woman stopped and told me that she lived there and asked if she could help. She pointed out where the place was that I wanted to go, so back across went I, luggage in tow down the street. I was so very happy to finally get to the room and get my heels off. The jacuzzi tub was just what I needed after the ordeal
Of course the next day I had a parking ticket. When I went to Guest Services to say that I preferred Valet Parking for the duration of my stay the parking ticket was looked after for me. It was at that point that I was told about the special place to self-park for the Royal, and also about the voucher that I should have been given. Note, there are 3 Stephanies that work at Guest Services, I ended up dealing with all 3, and the other 2 were absolutely top-notch. The one that needs to be taken to a strange hotel/resort and not given directions or a map is a fairly young, long brown-haired female.

I was in town to attend the opening night of "Breaking Boundaries", Ballet Kelowna, at the Kelowna Community Theatre. From the Royal Private Residence Suites it was a close walk.

Sadly I did not get a chance to use pool or jacuzzi on the roof because it closes at 11pm and I did not make it in time, it looked lovely, the pool starts indoors and meanders out of doors. There are 2 large hot tubs inside and 1 outside. I was able to use the work-out room earlier in the day and it had everything that one could need. There are barbecues and tables out on the pool deck, and the view is lovely.

I would stay here again, I would know better how to get to my room the next time.
I did not experience any of the noise that Mile0 did, my suite was extremely quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We absolutely were blown away by the room when we arrived. Everything about it was exceptional. We had a full kitchen (Sub-Zero fridge, marble countertops, dishwasher, gas grill, microwave, etc), living area with flat screen TV and surround sound. There was a double-sided propane fireplace that opened in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom featured a whirlpool tub and glass-walled shower as well as two full vanities. There was also a second small bedroom and laundry room with washer and dryer. The patio was very large with a table and chairs for four along with two lounge chairs. The view was spectacular!

The private pool area on the top floor of the Private Residences is unbelievable. A large infinity pool and hot tub outside and 2 hot tubs inside. We had no trouble getting lounge chairs at any time of day and the view was breathtaking. There is a private fitness area and BBQs as well next to the pool area. We took advantage of the gym in the Delta Grand and it was more than impressive, on par with most private fitness facilities.

My wife got a massage and pedicure at the spa and would highly recommend it! It is not very big so call ahead to make sure you can get in.

We can't comment on the restaurant because we did not eat there. Room service was prompt and the food was good, however the menu was a bit limited. This didn't bother us since there were so many great restaurants nearby that we wanted to try.

The location was perfect, right on the lake and downtown, close to restaurants and shopping. It was very easy to get around on foot or by car and was a short drive to many of the areas fantastic wineries.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo