“Easter Dinner”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Tucked away in beautiful Lake Country, you'll find an oasis at the end of the road where great food,service and atmosphere await you. Take the drive and come and see us soon.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We could not find anywhere serving Easter dinner till I ran across their FB posting. We decided to drive out for the 3 course dinner special. Starter was Caesar salad which we also ordered with warm olives. Simple but good, not over dressed. Turkey dinner and fixings were truly delicious. Pie and brownies for dessert were just okay. Overall $30 for the 3 courses was good value and I was very happy. It had been to long since we had been out. We will be back.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I remember going years ago and the food was pretty good. I ordered the bruschetta, mussels and the duck confit. My boyfriend ordered the a la mare. The bruschetta was okay. Two out of four of the pieces of bread were pretty burnt. The coconut curry mussels' sauce was good but our mussels were over cooked and chewy. The pasta was good. I had asked the waitress what was good and she said the duck was amazing, it was anything but amazing. My vegetables were over salted, the duck was dry and tasteless, the fried risotto balls taste like burnt rice and were impossible to eat. I hate complaining so when asked if I liked my meal I said it was okay, the waitress said great and left. Not really worth the drive for the pasta. I don't think I would go again. Our table was also so close to the table next to us so it was impossible to have a conversation. It ended up being a pretty pricey meal and I was extremely unimpressed

1  Thank Jaemie S
Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a delight this place is... recommended by my friend Matt Belair.. It is an unassuming success tucked away (near the airport). They have my favourite wine Nero D'Avola from Italy... it all started there. The staff, the owner Sue, the chef... it was a high performance team. Bring a friend, have some wine, take your time.. and be sure to say hello to Sue and tell her I said hi...

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Ricardo’s Mediterranean Kitchen

Whenever I am up touring in the Kelowna or Lake Country wine regions, I usually reserve a night to dine at Ricardo’s Mediterranean Kitchen on the northern shore of Ellision Lake, just north of the Kelowna airport. To get there, turn east at the blue and white sailboat on highway 97.

Ricardo’s features Italian décor and is a very popular place, given that it’s busy even early in the week. Reservations are always a good idea. They feature an extensive wine selection of over one hundred wines, both local and imported. There’s certainly something for everyone’s taste. It is an impressive offering which includes a fourteen-year-old Masi Campolongo Amarone. You can also bring your own special bottle for a $25 corkage fee. Just remember that it is considered good etiquette not to bring a bottle that the restaurant offers on their list; so call ahead to check on their offerings. I was pleased to see their ‘by the glass’ selection, which includes a local and an Italian red and white wine. They are also available by the litre or half litre. In addition, they have daily wine-by-the-glass selections featuring four red and four white local wines. It’s a good way to sample what the area has to offer.

I was within walking distance of my room, so I decided to take the time to indulge a little. I started with the Pernod prawns, after asking my server, Lindsay for her recommendation; I had been also eyeing the curried mussels appetizer. Trying to break out of my usual habit of always going with a seafood selection, I had the pan seared pork tenderloin, which was cooked to perfection. I usually don’t order desserts, however the panetone bread pudding with Amaretto glaze sounded intriguing and a Taylor Fladgate ten year old tawny served as a perfect accompaniment. A snifter of Hennessy brandy concluded a delightful evening.
Check out their web site at: http://www.ricardos.ca

1  Thank samareipc
Reviewed March 31, 2014

On a recent family trip to Kelowna I decided to book a dinner at Ricardo's and we were not disappointed! I requested a quiet table as I have a 9 month old baby who would be sleeping during our dinner and the hostess gave us a seat in the back corner which worked perfectly. We had their white Italian house wine, I cant remember the name but it was great for a house wine. I ordered the blackened prime rib which isn't cut off the roast but is a prime rib steak. It was so good! Spicy and full of flavor. I also had a side of their gnocchi covered in gorgonzola sauce....TO DIE FOR!!! I shared it with everyone at the table and we will be coming back just for this dish. Be sure to make reservations as it was very busy. Service was attentive and prices more than reasonable (expensive wine list though). We cant wait to try more of their dishes. Excellent!