“4th and Last Time Over Priced and Over Cooked”
Review of Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen - CLOSED

Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Ricardo's is no longer in existence. We thank our clients for 16 years of support. We thank Holiday Park Resort for their support over the years.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I know that there has been many good reviews on this place but I just don't understand why.
For example we went last week with another couple total cost in excess of $300. Four meals all had a major deficiency. The prime rib was over done (and we were there early), ribs and chicken the chicken way over cooked the ribs 4 small bones tasteless like the chicken same sauce, the blacken halibut had a peculiar taste can't describe it and was also way over cooked and a pasta that was gooey. All the pasta dishes are with the same sauce very limited variety for my liking. The wine list is good with lots of variety but I feel 100% up charge is excessive as is the $25 dollar corkage fee. I have eaten in several resteraunts for example in Sydney Australia and never spent more than $10 for this service. After all it is Winfield.
I must say the staff try there best so service was okay.
As the title suggests we have eaten here now 4 times at the request of others and always the same with minor differences. Never again, dissapointed to many times.

3  Thank airb0urne

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very good service. Value for money. Contemporary Italian fare. Excellent kitchen. Don't be deterred by the road in the reward is in arriving!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I gave Ricardo's a second shot after being disappointed the first time. The food is Ok...nothing exceptional. The "spicy" jambalaya pasta was not flavourful. Although the seafood was plentiful, the cubed chicken was rubbery and tasteless.

The service was very good. However, the restaurant should provide booster chairs for patrons sitting in the saggy wing backed chairs.

All in all, the restaurant was nothing out of the ordinary. If large portions of mediocre pasta is what you crave,then you will not be dissatisfied.

4  Thank soontoberetiredagain
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you haven't tried it yet, you must. Its our go-to for all special occasions. The food is always perfect and the atmosphere is lovely. Ricardo makes excellent pastas, greek ribs, pernod prawns, stunning salads, and even a fig and duck dish from a special wine pairing event. Call and make reservations!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Recently had a supper at Ricardo's to celebrate a family birthday. A relative had suggested this restaurant as it was close to their residence.
Ambiance was delightful, service was polite and attentive, wine list was reasonable and above all, the food was excellent. I will happily return and how fortunate for my relatives to live so close. We'll be back!