It's unfortunate there were so many poor reviews given about this property about the noise restrictions - I hope readers will consider that likely all those bad reviews were written by the same group members.
I just spent a whole week with my family here and we could not have been happier. The units were immaculate, there is a welcome bottle of wine in each unit, the grounds were very clean and private. We stayed in 472 and 473 - neighbouring units that have a shared stairway to their entrances. This made it even more private as no one else used these stairs except up. There were a couple minor issues such as a missing cutting board and blown fuse. Blaine is incredibly accommodating and prompt on fixing anything that comes up. The beds are beautiful and very comfortable, the kitchens are very well stocked and the bathrooms include soap, shampoo and conditioner. Giant sized beach towels, inflatable floaters, beach chairs etc are all provided - they have thought of everything!!
For partyers, if you don't like the noise restrictions, Cabana is a great restaurant with a fun patio, plus you are right across the street from The Eldorado and Manteo resort, both of which have great lounges and gorgeous lake front patios. There are plenty of alternatives within walking distance.
We found this resort very kid friendly, the only complaint was that the pool didn't have much of a "shallow end" for small children. However, once again, you are only a couple mins walk from great beaches and parks which kids tend to like better than pools anyways.
Overall, we will not hesitate to come back again. I emphasize that we were very grateful for the noise by laws as we were there over July long weekend and the resort was packed. Everyone, however, was very considerate and respectful and we had no disturbances all week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa del Sol is a 4* Luxury Condominium Resort in the heart of the breathtaking Okanagan Valley. Cool off in the 3rd level swimming pool, warm up in the hot tub, pamper yourself in the Spa, tone-up in our fitness facility, or de-stress in the steam room. You can barbeque by the pool or indulge yourself at the Resort’s tantalizing Cabana Bar & Grille. Enjoy steaming lattes at the Coffee Shop. Whether you want to play or relax, Playa Del Sol has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Playa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Del Sol Hotel Kelowna
- Playa Del Sol Kelowna, Okanagan Valley