“Learned a lot and tasted a lot :)”
Review of Club Wine Tours

Club Wine Tours
Ranked #24 of 68 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With us, it's all about you! This is our number one mantra and guest experience is our number one priority. We are the first wine tour company that was incorporated in B.C. with more than 10+ years of experience, we have been fortunate to trian other wine tour companies in the Okanagan Valley. Our prices are below industry average despite all of the additional surprises you receive on tour. We strive to make each of our tours unique to the rest with games, scavenger hunts, wine education and trivia. We specialize in Bachelorette tours and our bride-to-be's always go FREE! Ask us about our Family Tours, Group Tours, Individual Tours, Wine & Boat Tour, Wine & Chocolate Tour, Wine and Heli Tour and shuttle service for special events, weddings, wine festivals and more!
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After looking up a number of wine tours, Club Wine Tours seemed to have the lowest costs for what you got. I called two days before a long weekend, and he already had one bus filled up but started another one for my friend and me. Another couple joined us, so we had a positive experience between the four of us—we got to do quite a few tastings at each place and didn't have to rush. Bill chose some great spots for us and you can tell he loves his job.

Wineries we visited:
House of Rose (where we had the most tastings and delicious ice wines)
The Vibrant Vine (SO COOL! 3D art everywhere—bought a bottle of Oops)
Summerhill (amazing view and home of the famous pyramid cellar)
Sperling (small but the hostess was great, this is where you'll get to see some of the unique old vines)

We ate lunch (at an additional cost) at Summerhill, since it had the best view and we were hungry. We shared the charcuterie plate and cheese plate between the five of us (Bill included). Be ready to spend a few bucks! It was $25/$28 for the plates.

The only negatives I want to note are that:
The bus was HOT (no A/C, just one fan that didn't really do much) and uncomfortable on a super sunny day;
And when I called, I specifically said I wanted the Tasters Express ($65). We ended up doing the Breath of Wine ($75) instead. It ended up being okay because we got to see more but it would have been nice for him to ask/tell us this was happening at the beginning instead of getting a surprise at the end when paying.

All reviews
"distillery"
"pyramid"
"cheers"

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I don't get the Hype about these guys.
I hired this company to take us around for a few hours. There were 6 of us girls aged 33-42.
We rushed to get ready for 3pm. 6 girls and 2 bathrooms took some time. We were ready at 2:45 and rushed to the front doors for 3pm. At 3:15 I tried calling Bill, no answer. I tried and tried. At 3:30 he called back and advised he was stuck in Traffic, even though I could hear all the noise in the background, he clearly was with another group.
At 3:45 he arrived. I was already upset by this.
We went to The View - very nice, small boutique winery and ended with Summerhill Winery for dinner. Bill and another one of his co-workers invited themselves for dinner at our table. Bill had made a reservation for 8 (not 6). I was with my best girlfriends and wanted to have conversations with them without strangers sitting with us. It was totally awkward and uncomfortable. We asked the Manager of the restaurant if this was what they normally do and he said no and kindly asked them to move to their own table. We offered to take a cab home but he said he would wait for us to finish dinner. Our server advised us that he has done this before but only with groups of girls. Creepy.
I guess maybe I only had a bad experience with this company, but I would NEVER use them again.

1  Thank AimeePaulR
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were picked up at exactly the time told to us by the host Bill. As we proceeded to the first winery, we enjoyed the company of the people in our tour. Extremely delightful group. We bought many delicious tasting wines and ended up going to four wineries. The last one, we went to, we had an amazing meal. The meals can be expensive for those on a budget, but that can be expected when going to a beautiful club and winery. ($35 - give or take)
Bill was a great host. My new husband and I had a great time and the rest of our group of 8 expressed how much they enjoyed their time as well.
Thanks!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

6 of us girls did an afternoon tour with Bill last weekend. He was very accommodating with the time and pick up and drop off locations. We had a few wineries we knew we wanted to visit, and he arranged the rest and ended up taking us to great little wineries that we had never heard of, but will definitely go back too. We came out ready to party and Bill was a great sport with us our drinking and jello shots and craziness; he took great care of us ladies. He has a lot of fun facts about Kelowna and the wineries and it was a great experience overall. Price was great too. Would definitely contact Bill for future wine tours. Thanks Bill for a memorable day!!