“Delectable Delight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterfront Wines Restaurant & Bar

Waterfront Wines Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Wines Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 610 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Water St
Description: Waterfront Wines is a sophisti-casual, award-winning restaurant and wine bar in Kelowna’s Cultural District. We are known for our cozy decor, great wines and martinis and tasty comfort food, made with fresh, seasonal Okanagan flavours, international influences and hand-made care. Food, wine and good times are meant to be shared.
Mont Tremblant, Canada
“Delectable Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

One of the best restaurants I've eaten at in ages. Everything was delicious. Our only complaint was our own inability to go creative. I'll go back to try the Risotto. Les pomme frites were yummy with WW's special sauce. The halibut was to die for. I also split the Flat iron steak with a friend. We had one complaint at the table that there were lots of potatoe's. They were really delicious though and I loved the hidden fiddleheads. Enjoy but make a reservation we only got in 9pm on a sat night.

Kelowna, Canada
“== very good ==”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

What a find; we think this better food and value than Raudz's; in addition, they take reservations.

We had raw oysters (superb), fois-gras (very good), scallops (very good) and risotto as appies. The risotto may have been the best we have ever had.

I had the halibut which was a bit overcooked, but I had neglected to say I wanted it slightly underdone. Most dishes came with little bits of sauce, pickled veggies and other little touches that defy description. Visually it was a feast, too. Great attention to detail. This chef ought to be famous.

Dessert was flourless chocolate cake. Superb. We had four glasses of wine, four appies and one entree for $170. Service was unpretentious and very attentive.

The decor is modern with somewhat uncomfortable chairs and benches. The outside furniture didn't look any better. We hope they put cushions on it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food coma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a reservation for 8 at 830pm but unfortunately a table before us were taking their lovely time so they sat us at the bar. After waiting for 15mins the nice front of house manager brought us out 2 orders of their pomme frites on the house knowing that the large table was still not close to being finished. I thought that was very generous and kind of them to do. After waiting for almost an hour we finally got to our table. The food is by far one of the best food I have ever had in Kelowna. We order almost all the appys to share and there was nothing, and I mean nothing that we did not like. The plating is absolutely beautiful. Right before our mains came out,they brought us out a little treat. Chicken sausage that is featured in one of their main dishes, was extremely lovely and so nice of them to do! When the mains had arrived, my boyfriend ordered the special: 7oz striploin with parsnip and potato "donuts" and seasonal veg...for $32. In my opinion that is an amazing price for that type of meal. I couldn't get enough of the risotto happy so I ordered it as my main too...no regrets! Highly recommend to try that dish. Dessert was just amazing. I can't say anything bad about this place, even with the wait. Our server was very kind and knew her stuff and Ryan the FOH manager made out night.

Thanks Waterfront for putting all of us in a food coma!
The group of us do work in the industry, either front end or back end so we understand that you can't ask a table to leave but just those small things they did for us to make our wait more enjoyable was delightful! Will be coming back.

1 Thank babbybok
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thrilling evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My Girlfriend and I went to the Waterfront for a nice dinner but got so much more, Our server Dawn was friendly and personable and the rest of the staff was very knowledgable and friendly. Every one in there made it their priority that we enjoyed our experience. What can I say about the food but outstanding! I have had some good meals in my life but this was one of those over the top experiences the flavours were well paired and we enjoyed on of the best wines I have had in a long time.
I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back next time I am in Kelowna.

1 Thank SuperGamble
Calgary
“delish and delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The service was great...Leigh is an awesome server....great charm, spunk and she knows her stuff. The appetizers were really tasty but the mains were simply out of this world. Most of the party enjoyed the sablefish special served with perogis, I was transported to cooking heaven by the boneless beef shank with potato rostini...The food was beautifully presented on glass platters that enhanced the appearance but did not take away from the delicate and delicious flavours.
Definitely a place to dine out again...

Visited April 2014