“Happy atmosphere, good comfort food”
Review of Hello Toast

Hello Toast
Ranked #1 of 358 Restaurants in Kamloops
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place reminded me of Sophie's in Vancouver. Relaxed atmosphere with a good variety of tasty 'comfort' food style dishes.

I had the breakfast wrap with cheese, beans, salsa, eggs, etc which was very tasty. Everyone else's meals looked good too. Seems like it can get quite busy a lot of the time.

Value was also pretty good, maybe a touch overpriced if anything. Cool decor inside, plenty to look at while you're there!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Fabulous Lunch!! Great soups and friendly staff.
Food was fast and hot!!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stopped in here for lunch with my wife an 3yr old. The first thing the hostess brought to our table was 3 dinosaurs and a race car for my little guy, didn't if ask for them! The place is ver laid back decor and funky. The staff are very friendly and prompt.
The menu has a great selection....a little bit of everything, and the breakfast selection is great.
We ordered from the breakfast section and it was awesome food, just hit the spot, with a great cup of coffee too! They even brought out my boys milk in a sippy cup, first place we've been to that has those in their stock,lol. We'll definitely be going again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Funky decor and friendly service complement the great food at Hello Toast. Great selection of breakfast items as well as lunch with homemade soups. Great value& a comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I went to Hello Toast after dropping my wife off at the airport. I am from out of town but with a iPhone GPS the place was easy to find. Quirky hippy style decor with mismatched tables and chairs made me smile. I was greeted nicely and sat down to order. The menu was not super appealing I understand what they are going for that healthier side of things, but nothing JUMPED off the pages at me. I really wanted eggs benny but Im always worried about restaurants using powdered hollandaise...drives me nuts!!!

The service was good, it was 7:30 am and she didn't bug me, nor left me unattended for too long. Coffee was just ok...being diabetic I was stoked to see more that one to two choices of sugar free sweeteners on the side. Food was delivered decently fast.

Benny was just ok as well. The eggs were cooked in a poacher not water poached which scares me sometimes yet they were cooked properly to the right temp..soft. The hollandaise looked real, but the flavor was just ok, and now looking back on it, Im worried it was from mix... The benny come on focaccia brea, again I was worried but it was moist and good and not over spiced with herbs. The large new potato style pan-fries were not very crisp, a bit of a dissapointment.

Look I'm being very critical here but I have to say the breakfast was one of the better ones I have had in a while at a restaurant. For eggs benny you would have a hard time topping Milestones as a guide locally so compared to that they paled in comparison.

I would go back again for sure though, and if I lived in Kamloops I would be a regular, I'm sure.