“Sunday's regulars” 5 of 5 bubbles

Amsterdam
Ranked #29 of 331 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: European, Dutch, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Kamloops, Canada
“Sunday's regulars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I love Amsterdam :) my friends and I are always going there on Sundays for breakfast. I heard they're open for dinner too, but I haven't checked that yet. I'm sure it's as good. Service is friendly, very cosy and nice atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Maria P

London, Canada
“A bit pricey but very good breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

A group of five of us had breakfast at the Amsterdam on recent Saturday morning. The hostess was going to seat us at a table but quickly and cheerfully cleaned a booth for us when we indicated our preference.

There is nothing ornate about the restaurant, just a straight-forward place to get a good meal. The Dutch owners have placed many photos of old Amsterdam, Holland, about the restaurant, including several mural-sized depictions of street and canal life a century or so ago.

Our group sampled a variety of breakfast items, including sausage and eggs, French toast, and the signature Dutch Pannenkoek, a foot wide European crepe. The Pannenkoek of the day was filled with peaches and covered with whipped cream. Everyone in our party had favourable comments about their meals.

Our server was pleasant and efficient. Prices are a bit high, but the food was very good. We were fortunate to be seated right away. When we were leaving, the line was out the door, certainly and indication of the Amsterdam's popularity.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James G
karisha_canada, Manager at Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your impute! Hopefully, other travelers will find it helpful!
Calgary, Canada
“Great for dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The new dinner menu didn't dissapoint. Fanastic, unique options and great flavours. Very nice meal that didn't take off the hwy on our way to Salmon Arm.

1 Thank danasilver
karisha_canada, Manager at Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are glad, you enjoyed our new dinner menu!!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Hope to see you again!
Langley, BC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save yourself the misery!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Four of us, brunch on Saturday, May 5, 2012. We had been before and it was incredible! So, this time?? Nightmare! It was packed, fine. Got a table right away but that was the highlight. Our waitress didn't even get the drink order correct, whether it was the wrong drink, forgotten or just didn't get one at all. Two "hungry" plates, one omelet and one waffle with fruit. One hungry came without it's toast, though we asked every two minutes for it. The other hungry came with it's toast unbuttered and ice cold. The omelet was flat, cold and unappealing. All three had hash browns, which were hash pale beige. Me? Oh... still waiting for mine. I was told as there was only ONE waffle maker for the whole restaurant, I would have to wait my turn. Yep, they played and tasted, slowly choking it down. My omelet came as they wiped their mouths and covered the remains with a napkin. Oh, that's when the order of toast finally arrived, too. The only difference is his toast was hot and browned. The fruit was fresh, and nicely laid out on top of a flat, beige, barely cooked round of dough. I scraped off the fruit, and piled the soggy mess on my side plate of bacon.... right. The bacon. They put it in the deep fryer until it shatters when you bite it. The "waitress" came over, picked up the plate, and without missing a beat, had the cajones to ask me if I wanted to wait my turn for another one. You guessed it. That was a NAY NAY!! Everything about the meal was so bad, that the "head waitress" telling me they removed the waffle (no, the uneaten bacon was still there) from the bill didn't make anything better. AND IT STILL COST SIXTY DOLLARS!! Never, EVER, again!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KatMcIntosh
Edmonton, Canada
“Gluten Free Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I were so happy when our hotel recommended this place for breakfast! They have gluten free crepes, the portions are huge and the staff are super friendly!

• Visited April 2012