“Thumbs up! ”

Ranked #12 of 347 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: Maurya's restaurant is the one of the most promising restaurants in Kamloops. We provide truly authentic Indian food along with a variety of vegan and gluten free options. Our restaurant is well known not just for its high quality service and food, but also for the homely atmosphere it creates for our customers who come to enjoy scrumptious Indian cuisines. We also have a banquet hall which can accommodate up to 60-80 people, which is an excellent place to host a birthday party, Meetings or wedding anniversary. Be it any occasion, we will try to make it a memorable one for you. Special group rates!
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I don't care much for this style of food but my boyfriend loves the smells spices and taste. Whenever I let him choose dinner I tell him this is the place for Indian food. The staff are friendly. The restaurant vibe is great and I drool once I smell the food. I stick to mostly veggie pakora and nan bread but I'm never disappointed. My boyfriend is more Adventurous and try's the many vegetarian options since we don't eat meat. I do eat the dishes cause they are tasty just not my preferred food. We order one nan one pakora 2 mains and each a drink and the cost is around 50$. Fills us both up!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived into Kamloops on a Rocky Mountaineer train for a brief stopover and happened upon this place by chance. It turned out to be one of the more memorable meals of our 3 week Canada trip. I eat a lot of curry back home in the UK and this was spot on; fresh tasting, delicate flavours, well spiced, good service and great value. Striking interior artwork too.
A very welcome change from more conventional tourist fare. The fish pakora starter was a highlight and the naan breads were beautifully light. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Recently on our Canada group tour, we ate at this restaurant. The food taste was very good and so was the service. We were a group of about 40 people and they had a good sized hall to accomodate us. The owner and his wife were there throughout the dinner to make sure everything went well.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant knows lamb! Our lamb tandoori (cooked in a traditional clay oven) was perfectly tender. One of the best I've had in years. My dinner partner loved the cooling raita. The waiter put the 'serve' back in 'server' with his diligence. And the owner dropped by to chat and find out why we were visiting Kamloops. This is a detail-oriented restaurant.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We chose Maurya's because of the address when our first choice for Indian was closed, and we were very happy with our dishes. We had take-out, and even the naan travelled well. The spiciness was a bit more than we expected when we asked for medium, but it wasn't excessive. The dal makhni was delicious and so was the aloo gobi. The lamb curry was a hit, and the butter chicken sauce was great, although the chicken was a bit overcooked. Vegatable pakoras are always a must for us, and these are a bit different from others we've had, but they were tasty (only tamarind sauce, though). What started out with a disappointment ended with some very happy diners.