“Great place for the family”

Kelly O'Bryan's Neighbourhood Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
“Great place for the family”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to go if you have young children. The menu for adults and children has plenty of choice and the several items I have had so far have tasted great. The service is always prompt even when it's busy. A big bonus is your meal free on your birthday (although it's limited to a certain amount but this covers most of the menu items).

1 Thank Jerv A

Orillia, Canada
“It was ok”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Portions were good, quality not bad, atmosphere fair, service was great. It was towards end of evening so some of the entrees were not avaible.

Visited September 2012
High Level, Canada
“Summer lovin'”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Sat outdoors and enjoyed the entertainer singing across the street as we ate. The pachos and brocolli bacon soup are signatures of Kelly O's and are worth going to try. Atmoshpere was nice and waitress knew one of our friends by name. Nice to know that they have frequented this establishment.

Visited August 2012
Kamloops, Canada
“Great food, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We enjoyed a family evening at Kelly O'Bryans in mid-August. My husband's escargot could have been hotter but the food was delicious. The servings were quite large so everyone left with a doggie bag. I can't say enough positive about the halibut I ordered. It was so moist and tasty. I'd choose it again in a minute. Don't sit at the booth behind the front desk. When the servers return the menus to the holder on the wall, it is very disruptive. Other than that, we had a great evening and the birthday girl received a free meal. We'll return.

• Visited August 2012
Oregon
“We could have done better elsewhere”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a hard time narrowing down where to eat and since it was pouring down rain and we were parked in front of this place, we decided to give it a try. If we were giving out ratings on obnoxious waitresses I'd give it a five star. Now I love smart a$$ banter more than anybody, but this woman took it to the limit and overdid it on her nonstop talking over us while we were placing the order. I am less forgiving than my husband who tried to say she seemed nervous or new, but I doubt it.

I ordered a seltzer water with a squeezed lime, she brought me a water with the lime mix they use for mixed drinks. Nasty to say the least and when I asked her if I could change it for just plain water, she seemed to act like I was asking something major of her. The service here is crazy slow. They sat us down in the corner away from the bar, which I thought was great since it was loud and we were tired from driving 8 hours.

We had her attention when we first sat down and ordered a ton of food, that they have going for the happy hour specials, but dinner food was not good at all. My husband loves Shepard's pie and he didn't even finish it, said it was dry and strange tasting. My steak was kind of plain, but I was to the point of not caring and wanting to leave. The waitress would check on us by leaning over the rail behind us and asking if we needed anything because she was busy with the 'bar crowd'. Which really meant us seeing her sitting at the bar talking to people while we had no refills. Other sites have reviews for them, and we should have listened.

• Visited July 2012