“Above and beyond quality and service!”

Storms On The River
Ranked #23 of 345 Restaurants in Kamloops
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I were driving through the area and stopped for the night at the Riverland Inn. Tired and hungry but not really in the mood to leave the hotel, I phoned Storms to see if they offered take out. My call was answered by the bar tender and not only did they offer take out but the bar tender insisted that he would bring our order right to our room... Less than twenty minutes later our food was hand delivered, included complimentary water and some very tastey truffles. We had the Cripsy Ginger Pork and Cajun Chicken Cavitappi, both dishes were fantasticly good... Above the call service, excellent food and very reasonably priced. I will certainly make stopping here for a meal part of our future travel plans.

1  Thank Brian C
There are newer reviews for Storms On The River

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went to Storms on the River for the first time last night. this will also be the last time that I walk through the doors. We had the buffet, The food was good but when we got the bill. first we were charged for an item that we didn't order, and then written in ink at the top of the bill was a 15% tip. I give a tip based on the service I get. If the service is excellent then my tip will also be excellent. This was a buffet where we lined up and got our own meal. then the waitress took it upon herself to take my money off me. Nowhere did I see a sign stating that a tip is mandatory. I will not go to a restaurant where they steal my money. By the way I am a senior citizen and need my money more than they do.

4  Thank Corriefan
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Good quality and atmosphere. Food is fresh and you enjoy it not minding the higher prices. Could use some drink specials though

1  Thank K J
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Visited this restaurant when staying at the neighbouring hotel overnight on a Rocky Mountaineer trip.

Greeting on entry was friendly nd the staff were keen that I should choose a table that suited me. I picked one with a good view over the river to the mountains. Service was quick and very friendly. There seemed to be many locals in and the place was almost full at 7pm on a Monday evening.

The menu was extensive and typical for the area, but included a few interesting specials, including the Chicken Neptune that I had -chicken breast in breadcrumbs with a slice of cheese and a fish mix sauce (shrimps, scallop, salmon, white fish) This was tasty and came with garlic mash and some mixed vegetables, which were a little too al dente for my liking. Nevertheless it was filling and I could not manage a dessert.

The price was reasonable and overall I would recommend Storms, particularly if you are staying at the hotel next door (it is a bit out of town if you don't have a vehicle)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Storms is an excellent restuarant located directly on the river. We were staying at the adjacent Riverside Inn and Suites and were recommended the restuarant by the reception staff. We were glad we took up the recommendation rather than getting into the car and venturing into Kamloops. The service and food were excellent. With Canadian portion sizes being so much larger than the UK I was glad on this occassion to have room for dessert as the chocolate ganache was amazing and highly recommended for any chocolate lovers!

1  Thank Peter2207