“Top Quality”

Ranked #4 of 344 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed December 7, 2013

When we lived in Kamloops for a year, several friends told us that we must eat at Brownstones! We never managed to eat there during that year but, on a recent weekend trip to Kamloops, we ate there. We were very pleased with the food and the service. I had a pheasant dish; my husband had a chicken dish. Both were superb. We shared a very yummy dessert. It is a great place to dine for a special occasion.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Based on TA reviews my boyfriend and I decided to try it out because it sounded fine dining and we wanted a romantic outing. However when we got there the restaurant itself was small and there wasn't any room to sit outside our server asked if we wanted to sit outside and I said no due to the fact it was chilly out. So she offered us a seat at the bar for our starter until a table was available. We ordered to tuna tartar and it wasn't as great as it sounded from the menu. My boyfriend didn't eat it. All it was is chips a little soy and some raw fish with carrots to garnish for 15 dollars. Then our main course came out and we still never got the table we hoped to get and our server didnt inform us about a table not being available so instead we ate on our uncomfortable bar stools. Our drinks were fabulous, however my main course was the duck and I found it to be extremely chewy and my boyfriend had the steak he said it wasn't to special, all it was is steak and fries but they made it sound special on the menu. Over all experience, I guess our expectation was high from the reviews but honestly I'd find the keg better than this.

1  Thank Kamloopscritic
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Loved the food, very well prepared, good wine and excellent atmosphere. Customer service was very good and very attentive to our needs

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I have visited The Brownstone for both lunch and dinner. We love the decor, the service, and the meals every time. Now we recommend The Brownstone to everyone that comes to town. This really is a first-class restaurant, and we will continue to visit as often as we can. Lunch prices are lower than dinner, but the meals are comparable, plentiful and delicious.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Unfortunately, we were just passing through Kamloops, and tried to get a reservation at TERRA, but couldn't. Not a problem! I would LOVE to eat at the Brownstone on a regular basis! It's a fancier place, but in no way snobby. Our three young children were made quite welcome, and our waitress was most excellent. We ate on the patio, which is beautiful, and when it got chillier later in the evening, they brought out blankets! Everything we ate was delicious and unique. Try the lime and pomegranite creme brulee! What a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Sahoyaref