“Just a great restaurant...”

Brownstone Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Clearwater, Canada
“Just a great restaurant...”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We went for a Valentines dinner, and can only say it was great. A very relaxed meal from a set menu with wine pairing. We both chose the 3 course menu, and added an appetizer to share and an extra glass of wine with the main course. The various courses were timed nicely, and done as requested. Service was great, with informative, attentive staff who quietly moved dishes to and from the table smoothly. It was not cheap, however worth every penny when looking for something different in Kamloops. Nicely done...

1 Thank Naturally_Wonders

Kamloops, Canada
“Wow- thats some seriouly great food.”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have been there for dinner, and fogotten just how good it was. Lunch today was simply great. I had the Beef Deep, and it must have been prime rib. The presentation was excellent. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich, and it was very juicy and tasty.
We really liked all the menu items, and had a hard time deciding what to order !
We must go back for more research !
Anyways, I thought the value , quality, and taste was excellent.

1 Thank rocketman000
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one step down from denneys”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

to start there are no table cloths decor looks like a bar not fine dinning. we asked for bread and they said they don't serve it anymore the salmon tasted like it was about a week old and tough ... a total waste of money as colse as it comes to fine dinning is the small size of the meals ....we left hungry after spending a lot of money $150 +

1 Thank david m
kamloops canada
“always enjoy my meal here”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I've been meaning to write a review on this restaurant for a long time. I live in Kamloops and this is my favourite restaurant. It is fine dining. The menu is limited at times (eg one fish option, one duck option etc ) but the quality is always good. The service is usually excellent. The restaurant is smaller so reservations are a good idea.

They have a nice selection of cocktails and wine.

• Visited November 2011
Kamloops, Canada
“on par with high end in Vancouver”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and two friends helped celebrate my birthday at the Brownstone last evening. A memorable evening and a high recommendation for celebrations. The menu is superb, the venue intimate [reservation recommended], the service terrific and the presentation fantastic.
We had four different meals and each of us gave them a 10/10. We had the trout; lamb; duck; and venison. Each was superb, juicy, tender and well presented. There are about 5 or 6 other items on the menu that would be as terrific, I am sure.
Our starters also varied with soup or salad or the mussels. I had the mussels which were large, plump, and some of the best I have had on the west side of Nova Scotia.
We will return again for a celebration, as this is a special place that you wish to keep special.
Only question i ask is why the gin for martini's is Bombay and not top shelf, or at the very least Hendricks or Tanq 10? The rest of the menu is top flight --- perhaps a better gin is also required. Having said that -- the wine list it great as is the selection of bubbly.
Well worth the visit