“Nice place”

Ranked #2 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Good food, a little rich for me but very tasty, nice ambience.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We arrived in Kamloops tired from a day's hikling in the Rockies. Hungry and in need of a good feed, we consulted trip advisor and discovered Brownstone was relatively close by, recommended and had a more interesting menu than we were used to finding in Canada. We were a little concerned at finding a lovely looking dining room with only two other diners. Undeterred we were seated and ordered two very expertly prepared drinks (a cocktail and a freshly made ice tea). The menu was varied, interesting and had a familiarly european twist to the dishes. The portions were also very well judged, but perhaps a little light for the local population. Each dish was prepared with skill, flare and was presented well. For example I had a main consisting of lamb prepared two ways, a roasted fillet and smoked portion of leg. Both were pink, moist and tasty. If I were to be very picky I would say the dishes were slightly under-seasoned for my taste. The service was very friendly, discreet and efficient. When the bill arrived, we could not beleive our luck. Three courses each, two drinks and bottle of mineral water were ordered and sadly I cannot remember the precise figure, but I raised an eyebrow at the good value not the extraordinary cost. The whole experience was delightful. If we had more time I would have returned. I just felt bad that more people were not around to share the enjoyment that Brownstone had brought my partner and I.

1  Thank EpicureK
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Have been a number of times and never had a bad meal or poor service. There is definintely good value for your money here. The menu changes and the early dinner specials are a favorite. Having lived for 20 years in Kamloops and frequented all the restaurants I would rate The Brownstone as the #1 fine dining restaurant in town.

1  Thank Cherie B
Reviewed October 4, 2011

A restaurant to visit when you want a special dinner, with ambience, beautiful service, and very special food.
Other restaurants in Kamloops to not compare.
They are open for lunch, also, Monday to Friday.

2  Thank grannyof4321
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We really enjoyed the surroundings in Brownstones and received excellent service from the staff who were really attentive and friendly and dealt with one small issue very effectively. We would certainly recommend the chicken and mango salad and had a super bottle of Bordeaux - if you are stopping over in Kamloops on the way up to or back down from the Rockies, this is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank eyecb