“Super service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Earls

Earls
Ranked #33 of 331 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: About No matter what, you'll find it here. On every plate, in every drink. In every conversation. In all we do and all that surrounds you. It's called Soul. Mission To deliver irresistible food and an engaging experience to every one of our guests Description Earls Kitchen + Bar is a premium casual restaurant group started in 1982 that delivers irresistible food and engaging experiences that build relationships for life. We have 63 locations across the US and Canada, each uniquely and beautifully designed, with a kitchen that cooks fresh and from scratch. Earls works with local suppliers and producers where possible offering a selection of menu items, some unique only to a location or region, as well as a variety of pastas, seafood, chicken, ribs and steaks as well as pizzas, burgers, artisan sandwiches, a great wine selection and craft beers.
Callgary
“Super service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The restaurant was busy even on a Sunday evening. We were seated quickly, no waiting and our server was prompt with our wine and to take our order. We were surprised our quickly our order was processed. It showed the chef had a very efficient kitchen. The food came out hot which was much appreciated. The halibut fish and chips was probably some of the best I have ever had. Beer batter makes the difference and it was crispy and not a bit greasy like many others. The coleslaw was creamy and the french fries crisp and hot. The other guest had a half serving of pork ribs with fries and this was equally hot and tender, the meal easily taken off the bones. All in all one of the best restaurants Earls has that we have experienced. Well recommended.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Lethbridge, Canada
“SO LOUD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

For a chain - the food is good but overpriced as it is the wine. The volume of music is so loud - too bad. We have tried a few times and it is the noise level that prevents us from returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“meh (meh) ((meh)) (((meh))) ((((meh))))”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hmmm... came in on a Friday around dinner time, and the place was packed full of really noisy patrons, and the management having the stereo cranked to eleven only added to the cacophony. The 'hostess' appeared to only just barely tolerate the presence of customers, and was very evasive as I inquired how long the wait would be - the third time I asked for her professional opinion, she finally volunteered "five minutes". (this after I had been waiting ten already, after she had nipped off somewhere to 'get me an estimate') And actually her final appraisal was spot-on.

Anyway, at this point I no longer had much of an appetite, but went ahead and ordered caesar and soup. The chicken mushroom barely soup arrived quickly, and was actually a very tasty dish. However, for reasons I cannot fathom, it was served to me almost COLD. This disappointment took a fair bit of the shine off the evening. Also disappointing was the salad (actually the main reason I ventured into the place) - as it was totally devoid of any obvious "flavor" ingredients... apparently the chef at Earls has never heard of things like Worcestershire, lemon juice, mustard, or even GARLIC! The romaine and croutons were quite nice, but that kind of 'chain ceasar' is not what I generally like to pay ten bucks for. The accompanying 'panini' was obviously fresh-baked, but oddly one side of it was completely soaked in oil. Caveat Emptor!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kamloops, Canada
“Too pricey! And a little boring”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food is almost always good here, but not worth the prices - it is a chain restaurant, not gourmet fine dining.
Gluten free options are very limited so that's why I say a little boring. It would be nice if they could add some gf appetizers. I know they can't 'guarantee' gf but they seem to really not want our (celiac) business, I always feel like I'm an inconvenience - maybe they just don't train the servers on how to make allergy sufferers comfortable. It will be a long time til I'm back there.

Visited January 2013
kamloops
“Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

They gave us steak and fries. The fries were tiny end bits and all the same way, burnt. We complained, and the waiter looked astonished, as why should I complain ? They then offered more fries, we declined, and they just didnt ask us to pay for that meal. Did they fix this problem? Did they even mention it to the cook? What stupidity. And way way overpriced for these ridiculous so called french fries.

Visited December 2012