1,192 results
All reviews shark club park view train tracks moxies restaurant beautiful park rocky mountaineer the river full kitchen light sleeper separate bedroom king suite modern hotel comfortable bed business trip underground parking an upgrade close to downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

The rooms are small, even cramped. There is no door or curtain in the shower; so water sprays on the floor and a cool draft goes into the shower. The restaurant was more bar than restaurant. I would never stay there again intentionally.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Tehlequah,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. It sounds like you stayed in one of our standard rooms that are not quite as spacious as the majority of our rooms, which are full kitchen suites. I do hope that you'll give us another chance and ask about our suites as I suspect they'll be more to your liking.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again,

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed overnight here whilst travelling. Staff friendly and efficient with quick check in. Our room was lovely, a suite on the top floor so very quiet with a lovely view. Room facilities excellent. Location good, we walked to city centre in a couple of minutes. Lots of onsite facilities and restaurants as well as room service. No complaints.

Hello 931jackiew,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great stay with us and that you were able to enjoy all the hotel has to offer.
We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

I'm of 2 minds about this hotel in honesty.

It is clean with good facilities in the room. The room was fine and was clean.

I have 2 difficulties.

We had a room facing away from the river, this meant we had trains rumbling by all night long. Keep in mind these trains are a mile long and that the bed shakes as they go by. The hotel issue ear plugs in the room.

We also had the staff in the corridor making a noise as they collected luggage for loading into a coach/train. This went on for a while at 6:30 am !!

My wife complained but the reception staff seemed more concerned about correcting her when she said 5 staff (they said 3), rather than apologising.

Poor in so many ways

No inclination to return in honesty.

If you are staying here then ask for a room facing the river is my advice, otherwise find a hotel out of town.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Hello M161QGchrisp,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and taking the time to share your feedback. I wanted to apologize for your experience here, as it surely fell below the standards that we expect of ourselves.
Our apologies for the disruption the train causes, there are certainly days where the trains are a little more frequent and heavy than normal and can cause some shaking and noise throughout the downtown but I hope the ear plugs and white noise machine that we provided helped to mitigate that disruption.

Thank you for bringing to my attention your remarks about the noise from our team in the morning. We have a very tight window to ensure that the luggage is removed and shipped nearly every morning for a tour operator and sadly those are usually a little earlier in the morning like you had mentioned. I'll follow-up with our Porterage team to ensure that we're being as cautious as possible during those early mornings to ensure that no additional noise is being made.

Thank you again for sharing this with us, and we hope you'll consider returning to stay on our Park-side of the Hotel.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

My wife and I travelled to Vancouver, on the Rocky Mountaineer from Jasper with an overnight stop at Kamloops. The train arrived very late into Kamloops following trach repair delays so there was no time for dinner and the RM served us a light meal onboard to compensate. The Hotel check-in was bypassed with room keys given to us on the train and our baggage delivered directly to our rooms. The room/suite was excellent. Ice and drinks/snacks are available from behind reception and free coffee available in the reception area. Overall, this was a very pleasant stay with just time for a good night's sleep and I would highly recommend the Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Hello Threegreens,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I'm sorry to hear that the train was delayed, which hindered your ability to properly enjoy our Hotel and the surrounding amenities. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay here and we hope you'll have another opportunity to join us in Kamloops in the future!

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I would like to rate this between a three and four star. The location seems central and the decor is fine and seems recently refreshed. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool. The whirlpool was down during our visit. Service was fine also. We faced the road and not the railroad tracks and I think that is good.
No tub in our room but an oversized shower.
My negatives would be that I thought the lighting in the bath was not bright enough and I really prefer a handheld shower rather than the standard shower head. We did hear some noise at 2AM when I gather a bar let out.

The hotel is across the street from a nice park so there is walk around room.

Considering the price range I would stay here again but ask if any rooms have hand held showers.

Mini fridge, Microwave, and room safe are all there.

The blue led floor lighting in the hall is cool.

Date of stay: April 2019

Hello emcman,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I'm glad to hear that you had a positive stay with us!
I appreciate the feedback on the handheld showers and I'll take that feedback moving forward as we look to make improvements to the hotel.

I hope you had the opportunity to also explore the downtown of Kamloops, as we're a short walk away from a variety of entertainment and shopping options in our beautiful downtown.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon,