1,185 results
All reviews shark club park view train tracks moxies restaurant beautiful park rocky mountaineer the river full kitchen light sleeper separate bedroom king suite modern hotel comfortable bed business trip an upgrade underground parking close to downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I would like to rate this between a three and four star. The location seems central and the decor is fine and seems recently refreshed. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool. The whirlpool was down during our visit. Service was fine also. We faced the road and not the railroad tracks and I think that is good.
No tub in our room but an oversized shower.
My negatives would be that I thought the lighting in the bath was not bright enough and I really prefer a handheld shower rather than the standard shower head. We did hear some noise at 2AM when I gather a bar let out.

The hotel is across the street from a nice park so there is walk around room.

Considering the price range I would stay here again but ask if any rooms have hand held showers.

Mini fridge, Microwave, and room safe are all there.

The blue led floor lighting in the hall is cool.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello emcman,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I'm glad to hear that you had a positive stay with us!
I appreciate the feedback on the handheld showers and I'll take that feedback moving forward as we look to make improvements to the hotel.

I hope you had the opportunity to also explore the downtown of Kamloops, as we're a short walk away from a variety of entertainment and shopping options in our beautiful downtown.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon,

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Front desk very helpful. Room was clean, nice view of the park and the Thompson River. Close to all downtown sores and shops. Internet was sketchy. Got it on my phone but not on laptop. 2 restaurants downstairs. Good security. You feel the trains go by

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello Barrocker,

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. I'm hoping you can send me a quick email with what room you were in so that I can investigate the Wifi mention, as there may be an access point that needs maintenance.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again,

gm_signaturekamloops@sandman.ca

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here a half dozen times, mostly due to location right down in old downtown. Yes, it is next to the tracks and the trains do run through and "earthquake" the place now and then, but rooms on the river side are soared the worst of it. The lobby is spacious and well done - a fine place for a coffee. The rooms are nice, as all the newer Sandman Signatures seem to be. Good gym. Pool looks nice. There is both a Moxies and a Shark Club attached... mostly great, but the Club does create some late night street noise on weekends. My big gripe is the "light" and not-great construction of this place... paper thin walls being the one I always notice. Unless you are on the top floor, you will hear every footstep above you, hearcevery toilet flush, hear every draining if the tub, etc. And loudly. The HVAC (or something in the walls, creaks and pops cobstantly, worse in some rooms), and if you have a noisy neighbor, you are doomed. On this visit I was ACROSS THE HALL from a young family with two screaming young kids, who never let up, and it was as if they were right in my room. So, in the end, you take your chances here. If you get lucky or are a heavy sleeper, you might be fine.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hello Volenti,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and we appreciate you repeatedly staying with us over the years.
Our apologies that you've found some rooms and some fellow guests to be a little louder than others.
I would love the opportunity to speak to you in regards to your experience here to get a specific idea of some of the areas that we can try to improve upon. Please reach out to me directly,

gm_signaturekamloops@sandman.ca

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Checked in late on a Saturday. Quick at the desk and very nice room. Across from the elevator but quiet except for a few kids in the morning. Very nice rooms and gym facilities. The 2 attached restaurants are a plus and both good. Easy walk into anything downtown. Always a good stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello LLHH,

Thank you for your review of our hotel!
Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your brief stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2019

Room was nice and comfortable but we should have known immediately that something was not right when there was a white noise machine and ear plugs next to the bed. Trains will keep you up the entire night. Good luck unless you sleep like a brick!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
GM_SignatureKamloops, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2019

Hi TeresaSwitzer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and our apologies that the train disruption impacted your stay with us. Some guests are certainly more impacted than others, which is why we supply those materials to mitigate any disruption as much as possible.
I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities of the hotel, like the pool & fitness facility, and the restaurants.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again,