Knights Inn Kamloops
Star Lodge(Kamloops)
Hospitality Inn(Kamloops)
Grandview Motel(Kamloops)
View Hotel
All reviewsfriendly managementfront desk personcoffee makerbeds were comfortablemini fridgedefinitely stay here againnice roomcontinental breakfastfurnitureriverdowntowntubhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Due to the busy holiday weekend, there were no vacancies available in Kamloops that we could find. Having to book online, we took the limited vacancy which could only be found at Knights Inn.
The place is a dive, not to be fooled by its exterior appearance, location, or the menial renos that were done within the room. The stench within the hallway and its dirty stained carpets are but a few signs that would tell us first hand how bad this place would be. Our room appeared clean and tidy, but we're not fooled by appearances. Extremely dim lighting, only one small (approx sq ft) screened window could be opened for air, dingy white towels, with the bare basics which included 2 unwrapped styrofoam cups. The bed was uncomfortable along with its oversized pillows. We chose not to sleep in the sheets, but on them, using our own items for pillows. Despite our long trip that day, we did not sleep much and left early the next morning. It's an overpriced, undesirable place to stay and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Read all reviews posted on Trip Advisor before you make a decision.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeannette S
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Omg.....we made the mistake of not booking ahead and this place seemed like the less sketchy one. Well definitely have non sketch pads staying here although the motels on either side have characters.

Our room does have a nice city view and we had live entertainment too....watching someone dumperster dive for what appeared to be their clothes that were thrown out!

Okay now this hotel is at a major slant.....I hope it does collapse. I also hope there's no mice cause there is about a 3inch gap from the bottom of the door and the floor. The door also doesnt lock well to my liking. The carpet is disgusting, cleanliness is questionable....it's just sick in general....outdated etc....apparently there is a breakfast in the am....message me if your curious.

I personally have never wanted tomorrow to come so fast so we can get the he'll outta here!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelcey
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I based my choice of this hotel based on reviews I've read. I've never been so misled. What a dump. Read a review about renovated rooms, maybe just that one. People said clean rooms, other than the stains on the floor and the smelly rooms I guess it was ok. Walkway to the rooms is uneven making a gap under some doors 2-3 inches, wondered if the place was going to collapse. Out dated window air conditioner units don't cool the room so good luck if its a hot day. Because I booked online thru another site I couldn't even walk away unless I wanted to pay full price anyway so no sense in paying for 2 rooms. Best thing was the bed was comfortable and the sheets looked clean and towels were clean too. Time to renovate this whole place.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Tim T
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I drove into Kamloops late at night (10pm). Knights in is super easy to find and close to the highway turnoff. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient during check in. We asked about places open late for dinner he gave helpful suggestions

We travelled in Summer - it was a very warm day. The a/c didn't cut it for me. I was super hot in the hotel room and I had poor sleep. The bed was comfy enough but the pillows were not.

The included breakfast was in a room on the side of the hotel. The room is tiny - we walked in and walked straight out again. There was not enough room for the guests who were already inside and all tables were taken. I went to Tim Hortons instead.

The view from the city facing rooms is beautiful. Hotel has free wifi

Room Tip: City facing rooms have a beautiful view. Faces the sunset in the evenings
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1,123,410
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The front desk was friendly and helpful. I was so impressed with the king size bedroom I got for such a small price. The room was big and clean and all recently renovated- new hard wood floor, new paint, new bedding, furniture and LED TV, nice and clean bathroom. On top of that the room also had a small kitchen with fridge, stove and a microwave. The morning breakfast was alright. The hotel had a very nice view, and is very close to the shopping malls and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family