“A Fabulous stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kamloops
MacQueen's Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Kamloops B&B and Inns
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“A Fabulous stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed there for two nights as part of our honeymoon and had a fabulous stay. We were looked after well, had beautifully appointed room, a great breakfast and fanstastic fresh fruit in out room. Our hostswerefriendly and helpful. We enjoyed breakfasting with other guests and finding out trave tips from them as well. If we are lucky enough to return to the area we will definitly stay there.

• Liked — Room decor, hosts and breakfast
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ThePinkLady10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast for one night on 9 September 2006. I had undertaken previous correspondence with the proprietor, Pat, and arranged for us to have the 'Blue Room'. We specifically requested this room as it had a microwave and refrigerator, in addition to the usual TV and queen sized bed.

When we arrived at the B&B (at 3.00 pm), we located a note on the door from Pat saying that they had gone out and would be back at 5.00pm. Directions were given to the key to the premises and how to find our room. Contrary to our booking, we were given the keys to the Rose Room.

We put our bags in the Rose Room, which I might add was very well appointed, even with a padded toilet seat. There was a king bed which took up most of the room and there was no fridge or microwave.

Because the proprietors would not be back until 5.00 pm, we locked up and went into the town for a while. We arrived back at the B&B just before 6.00pm and, soon after, Pat arrived with her husband and two friends.

After the usual pleasantries, Pat indiccated that breakfast would be at 8.30 am. This is quite late for us as we like to get on the road early and would generally be away by 8.00 am. We asked if we could have the breakfast at 7.30 am. She came back to 8.00 am but would not budge beyond that. It strikes me that good customer service would require the proprietor to ask when the client would like breakfast, as opposed to telling them when they will get it.

Anyway, we then discussed the fact that we had booked the Blue Room. We were advised that we had been 'upgraded' to the Rose Room. It soon became clear that we had been put into the Rose Room because the two friends that they had returned with were occupying the Blue Room. It seemed to me that if the Rose Room was so much better, and available, they would have given it to their friends.

I offerred to stay in the Rose Room in return for a 7.30 am breakfast but this was refused. Pat decided instead to move her friends to the Roase Room which meant we had to wait a while until she serviced the Blue Room.

Anyway, with all those unpleasant issues out of the way, the establishment itself is very well appointed. The Blue Room is quite large. In addition to the appliances already mentioned (including a larger TV than the Rose Room), there is also a VCR and a variety of movie tapes to choose from. Port and a selection of chocolates were also provided as an added touch.

Although there was no choice given for breakfast, it was very well prepared and presented. We were given fresh fruit to start with, which was very tasty, followed by orange French Toast and home made scones and muffins, which were also delicious.

All in all, the quality of the establishment was very good although, as I indicated, if I was the proprietor, I would go out of my way to provide what the customer wanted, when they wanted.

• Liked — The extras eg VCR and movies, port and choclates, fridge and microwave.
  • Disliked — Late breakfast, room changed without notice.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank David-QPS
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Choosing MacQueen's Manor for my stay in Kamloops was one of the best decisions I made during my trip. Although I was given the basement room (the rooms upstairs are somewhat brighter) I was delighted about my place for the night. It contained everything you need in a guest room (microwave, coffee/tea maker, even a fruit basket...) and it was spacious and decorated in a lovely fashion. A place to feel at home.
Ok, you probably find that in many other hotels in Kamloops, too, but what about that breakfast? Which hotel serves you a fresh fruit salad, freshly baked rasberry muffins and french toast stuffed with cream cheese and nicely decorated with fresh fruit for breakfast? Pat's breakfast alone is worth the stay and was absolutely awesome.
If I should return to Kamloops, I definitely know where to stay - especially if the room rate remains way beyond the hotel prices.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank cms2
Philly
Reviewed May 5, 2006

The hosts were very warm, hospitable, and made us feel right at home. We talked on the phone and got a good price. They had us let ourselves in, had sherry waiting for us in the room, gave us a lovely breakfast and several travel tips. Would love to go back.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank InPhilly
philadelphia
Reviewed May 1, 2006

Great folk. Gave us a good price via cell phone as we drove to Kamloops. Excellent hosts while we were there. Clean, big accomodation. Higly recommend.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank caughtintime
Geldern, Germany
Reviewed September 22, 2005

What a fabulous place to finish off our recent Canada holiday. Pat is the perfect hostess.

3 Thank ozzieowl95