“Should be Number One”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kamloops
MacQueen's Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Kamloops B&B and Inns
Parksville, Canada
“Should be Number One”
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This house is not a B and B it's a five star boutique hotel with superb hosts and a breakfast that is top of the line. The owners clearly love what they do and enjoy their visitors. McQueen deserves the Number One slot for B and B's in Kamloops. And after you stay here - and write another five star review - it will achieve that lofty status. The honour will be richly deserved. Don't pass on this place or you'll be left out in the cold.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kapulanikai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Asia
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed at MacQueen's Manor, in Kamloops for one night, en route back from the Rockies to Vancouver.

We had a great stay there. We have stayed in many B&Bs all over the world - England, Scotland, Australia, etc.. but this one tops it all, especially for the breakfast.

We stayed in the Blue Room. We had our own mini-fridge, microwave and sink. Pat also provided a fruit basket - an apple and a banana, some biscuits (a packet with cream and a packet without), there was a bowl of sweets and she even had cognac (or maybe it was something else) in the room for the guests.
The wardrobe had hangers, a bathrobe and some videos that you could watch on the TV if you wanted to. This room is located on the ground floor. I think the other 2 rooms are located one the first floor. She had towels, soap, shampoo and even 2 types of body lotion. There was also a magazine rack in the bathroom.

Our room (and the rest of the place) was spotlessly clean. There wasn't even any dust in the grooves of the things she had in the room. I don't know how she does it. I swear I could eat off the floor!!! The bed was also very comfy and we had lots of pillows.

If you like country style decor, then this is the place for you. If you don't like country style decor, but like household furnishings/interiors in general, you will also like the place because it is nice to see that she is house-proud and pays a lot of attention to detail.

The living room and dining room are on the first floor, together with a balcony/patio that guests can use.

The dining table was very elaborately laid out. It reminded me of many proper sit-down dinners that I have had in Parisian homes.

Breakfast was lovely. Pat sat us - but not to worry if you're not comfotable with that. You do end up with your partner/wife/husband/friend next to you. We had a fruit cocktail, muffins, toast, a cheese and egg souffle and bacon. The souffle and bacon were garnished with tomatoes and a gooseberry. There was also tea or coffee and I think some others had infusions as well. She also gave each of us a glass of juice and kept coming back to see if we needed any refills.

Everything was laid out very much in a five star setting - and the meal definitely reminded us of five star meals in some fancy hotels. Some people are not comfortable with that and might prefer a more laid back atmosphere, but no worries, the atmosphere was relaxed. I mention this because I know some people are a little uncomfortable with which fork to use and etc, but really, food is meant to be enjoyed.

They had a lovely little Maltese - VERY CUTE. We have one too, so, of course, we are partial to that breed. :-)

As a parting gift, they gave us a punnet of freshly picked cherries (picked the day before) which we ate along our way back to Vancouver. They were delicious.

All in all, a great place to stay. Great value for money. A very luxurious stay at a very affordable price. The hospitality was very good as well. If we ever go back to Kamloops, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jade_du
Auckland New Zealand
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Highly recommended accomodation!
Pat and Sam were very welcoming.
Their home was immaculate, spotlessly clean.
The bedroom very comfortable. Breakfast delicious!
Easy to find off the highway.
Can't see that anyone could have a negative experience here!

• Liked — Hospiltality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kev-Cherie
Burnaby
Reviewed August 7, 2007

This B&B was great value for the money. The breakfast was absolutely incredible - both tasty & beautifully presented. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank AJD_7
robfQld
Reviewed May 29, 2007

This was one of our best B&B experiences ever. Delightfully decorated and comfortable accommodation with lots of little extras that you only find in a top notch B&B. Breakfast was a gourmet experience and the table setting and food presentation 6 star. Our host and hostess went out of their way to be helpful in every way.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robfQld
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed there for two nights as part of our honeymoon and had a fabulous stay. We were looked after well, had beautifully appointed room, a great breakfast and fanstastic fresh fruit in out room. Our hostswerefriendly and helpful. We enjoyed breakfasting with other guests and finding out trave tips from them as well. If we are lucky enough to return to the area we will definitly stay there.

• Liked — Room decor, hosts and breakfast
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ThePinkLady10
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast for one night on 9 September 2006. I had undertaken previous correspondence with the proprietor, Pat, and arranged for us to have the 'Blue Room'. We specifically requested this room as it had a microwave and refrigerator, in addition to the usual TV and queen sized bed.

When we arrived at the B&B (at 3.00 pm), we located a note on the door from Pat saying that they had gone out and would be back at 5.00pm. Directions were given to the key to the premises and how to find our room. Contrary to our booking, we were given the keys to the Rose Room.

We put our bags in the Rose Room, which I might add was very well appointed, even with a padded toilet seat. There was a king bed which took up most of the room and there was no fridge or microwave.

Because the proprietors would not be back until 5.00 pm, we locked up and went into the town for a while. We arrived back at the B&B just before 6.00pm and, soon after, Pat arrived with her husband and two friends.

After the usual pleasantries, Pat indiccated that breakfast would be at 8.30 am. This is quite late for us as we like to get on the road early and would generally be away by 8.00 am. We asked if we could have the breakfast at 7.30 am. She came back to 8.00 am but would not budge beyond that. It strikes me that good customer service would require the proprietor to ask when the client would like breakfast, as opposed to telling them when they will get it.

Anyway, we then discussed the fact that we had booked the Blue Room. We were advised that we had been 'upgraded' to the Rose Room. It soon became clear that we had been put into the Rose Room because the two friends that they had returned with were occupying the Blue Room. It seemed to me that if the Rose Room was so much better, and available, they would have given it to their friends.

I offerred to stay in the Rose Room in return for a 7.30 am breakfast but this was refused. Pat decided instead to move her friends to the Roase Room which meant we had to wait a while until she serviced the Blue Room.

Anyway, with all those unpleasant issues out of the way, the establishment itself is very well appointed. The Blue Room is quite large. In addition to the appliances already mentioned (including a larger TV than the Rose Room), there is also a VCR and a variety of movie tapes to choose from. Port and a selection of chocolates were also provided as an added touch.

Although there was no choice given for breakfast, it was very well prepared and presented. We were given fresh fruit to start with, which was very tasty, followed by orange French Toast and home made scones and muffins, which were also delicious.

All in all, the quality of the establishment was very good although, as I indicated, if I was the proprietor, I would go out of my way to provide what the customer wanted, when they wanted.

• Liked — The extras eg VCR and movies, port and choclates, fridge and microwave.
  • Disliked — Late breakfast, room changed without notice.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family