“Riverside Relaxation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kamloops
Riverside Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Kamloops B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We had just the one night stop in Kamloops, en route back from the Rockies to Vancouver. Decided on the Riverside due to its excellent plaudits, and everyone is justly deserved. Cynthia and Gordon have just got the knack in making people welcome, from the personalised welcomes on the entrance to your room, to the chocolates and wine, to the wonderfully clean and well presented rooms, to the beautifully manicured gardens, to the great view etc etc! Get the picture?
We had the Eagles Soar room. Beautifully and lavishly appointed, well equipped and spotless. Just wonderful to sit out on the balcony, sipping wine and enjoying the view over the Thompson River. Not warm enough to sample the river, either by the rope swing or kayak, but then there is the hot-tub instead!
Breakfast was really as good as it gets. Superb food imaginatively presented and such a wonderful atmosphere around the table. Our fellow guests were all English, so travel tips were shared and welcomed.
As with everyother place we stopped at in Canada, wonderful hosts made for a truely magical B & B experience. Well recommended and justly so.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

The Riverside B&B is in a stunning location and the quality of the customer care was exceptional - such as little touches such as chocolate on pillow and free bottle of wine. Wonderful breakfast that set us up for the day. Would recommend Gordon & Cynthia's B&B wholeheartedly.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here on our way to Calgary from Vancouver.
What an amazing place. It really is beautiful, right on the river. We made the most of the hot tub and the rope swing into the river. Breakfast was excellent, and the rooms very clean. we definitely reccomend this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We really loved it here. In the early part of our holiday we kept meeting people who said why are you going to Kamloops? What will you do there? So on the way we were anxious, but on arrival at this lovely guest house we were thrilled to bits.
Great setting right by the river and it was a very hot day and we'd had a long journey, Cynthia immeidately showed us the great rope swing into the river and we spent hours swinging and jumping into the river off the deck, great fun. The next day we had a great (and very hot!) walk in the hills again followed by fun in the river.
The rooms were lovely with everything you could possibly need, great breakfast, lovely owners, beautiful garden and even a BBQ for guests use and Cynthia provided us with hamper of plates, glasses etc. so we were all set up. We had a brillaint few days and would love to have stayed with Cynthia and Gordon longer. This really was a very special find, thanks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I came to Kamloops for business, but found a whole lot of peace and relaxation at The Riverside Bed and Breakfast. What a beautiful place.

Cynthia and Gordon have done an amazing job with this property. From the large dock with river swing and kayak, a large deck with chairs and swing which I took advantage of to read a book and take in the lovely view of the Thompson River with rolling hills in the background. The garden area was beautiful with all kinds of fresh berries growing on the property. There is also a hot tub for the enjoyment of guests, and around the front of the house is also a well manicured yard with swingset, trampoline, and basketball hoop. I have never seen so many amenities at a B & B before.

My room , the Eagle soar, was wonderful. Gorgeous room, very clean, and very welcoming. Cynthia and Gordon have done a wonderful job in with their attention to details. A lovely welcome sign outside my door, a welcome to Eagle soar booklet with explanations regarding everthing from how to work the TV, where to find logs for the fire pit, to how to access their wireless internet. Did I mention they have put together a small mini-bar of snacks, provide a complimentary bottle of wine, and also provide a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and kettle with all the necessities.

I will definitely recommend the Riverside Bed and Breakfast to my co-workers that may need to make a trip to Kamloops, and it will definitely be my choice if I am ever travelling back through these parts. I look at that rope swing, and I know that next time I come I am going to take advantage of that with my family. I can hear my kids giggling, just thinking about it.

This B & B is not just a great stopover, but would be a wonderful destination. How lucky Cynthia and Gordon are for getting to live in such a wonderful place. I appreciate your hard work. All the best to you both.

Kathleen Barbieri
St. Albert, Alberta

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The Riverside B & B in Kamloops BC is a delightful place to stay. We stayed on the way to Banff and on the return from Jasper in the Canadian Rockies on our return trip to Seattle for our flight back to Long Island in NY.
Our stay at the Riverside B & B was a joy. The hosts, Gordon and Cynthia James, take great pains to make the place comfortable and beautiful. The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully served as was everything at the B & B..

We wholeheartely recommend the Riverside B & B in Kamploops, Canada.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

For us this was a one night stopover between Jasper and Whistler - it was ideal! Our hosts were very welcoming and looked after us splendidly. Kamloops as a town did not really appeal (although potentially as a base for venturing further afield) - but the Riverside coupled with an evening meal at the Storms restaurant (about 7 mins by car) were an ideal match. The location of the B&B was superb and my wife luxuriated in having a good read sat out in the sun on the jetty. We were invited to use the jump rope in the Thompson River or use the kayak but decided to leave this to when were feeling a bit more adventurous. And what a morning view out on to the river! We'd want to use again if we were travelling through.