“No food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Revelstoke, BC
“No food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Got our drinks, and our appy and didn't get any more food after that. The server noted our meal will only be a two more minutes and she never game back. As we walked out, another table mentioned to my husband that they weren't far behind.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank revychick

Madeira Park, Canada
“Cold ....”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We really don't have a good experience when it came to service and the way you have to order if you want to order Harvey's Burgers and sit in Swiss Chalet. We had to place our order for burgers in the take out area for Harvey's then we were seated in the main dinner room of Swiss Chalet. The server didn't bother coming by to see if we needed anything since I would assume that the server thought we had placed a complete order. I actually went looking for a server. What if I'd wanted to order from the Swiss Chalet menu? I wanted coffee and you can't order coffee from Harvey's; only soft drinks. The restaurant was NOT busy so it's like the servers don't care about the business from Harvey's. We were going to order dessert from Swiss Chalet but after the poor service, we decided against it. We left a tip and would have left a larger one if the service had been better. We have eaten at this Swiss Chalet location several times but this was the first time we had ordered Harvey's Burgers. Not a good experience plus it was rather chilly in the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bcarney07
Kamloops, Bc
“Not my mother's Swiss Chalet”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Haven't been to a Swiss Chalet since my teens. Swiss Chalet was my mothers favorite restaurant back in the 80's.

Love the new menu and service was top notch. The chicken has the same great taste I remember.

Well done Swiss Chalet!

• Visited April 2014
Lethbridge, Canada
“It's not a Harvey's without the toppings counter!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Having been brought up on Harvey's in Southern Ontario, I was pleased to find one in Kamloops as apparently it's the only one in the entire BC interior... or at least the only one I've seen. The Harvey's website says that there is one in W. Kelowna as well but the last time I was at that Swiss Chalet I certainly didn't see it so I must have missed it somehow. The burgers are normal-issue Harvey's which means they're delish, but the takeout counter only has a little poster of the toppings, not the wonderful full length toppings counter I'm accustomed to back East. It's a real disappointment as selecting the goodies and having them stacked high on your burger is a huge part of the entire Harveyburger experience!

• Visited March 2014
British Columbia
“Swiss yes, Harvey's no”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We've dined several times at Swiss Chalet and we're not disappointed . I would rate it as a very good value. We were made to feel very welcome by staff and manager. Our experience at Harvey's, a burger franchise from Ontario, was completely negative. Harvey's, is connected to Swiss Chalet through a side entrance and is part of Swiss Chalet. The staff member at the counter could not be more disinterested if she tried. Yawning, impatient and responding to our order as if it was a huge bother to her. Anyway, we might go back sometime.

1 Thank Stevebirchard