“Great service, fabulous food!”

Quilas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 338 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Calgary
“Great service, fabulous food!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife son and I just ate at Quilas. We were fortunate enough to get a spot on the patio. The food was really good with generous portions. We enjoyed watching them prepare fresh guacamole beside our table. Visited with the owner for a bit and had some great laughs! Thanks so much, we will be back!

Chris, Cori and Tyler from Calgary

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tonkaboy

Sun Peaks, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food and Margaritas!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I came here for a staff party and ate the Chicken Chimichangas. They were fresh, delicious and came with beans and mexican rice. The drinks were amazing, and the staff were really friendly.

1 Thank Kaela Z
Vancouver
“Lovely place, great service and Best Fish Tacos ever!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I really enjoy Mexican food and have had it all over the world! Imagine my surprise when I landed in Kamloops, BC for a conference and found excellent Mexican food. Freshly made and tasty tacos, lovely ceviche, amazing avocado soup and the best fish tacos I have ever tasted. Ambiance is great and people friendly and efficient! Too bad I don't live closer to Kamloops but will make a point to stop when I drive through!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank klyndaw
Lethbridge, Canada
“Smallish portions but remarkably edible”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Mexican restaurants in Kamloops range from the "avoid at all costs" Fiesta Mexicana to the "I can't possibly get enough" Senor Froggy's. Quilas falls in the middle as a certainly acceptable Mexican restaurant with decent food. The portions are a bit on the small side so don't expect to find your typical Southern California Mexican restaurant entrees which can feed a family of 8. (Yes, after nearly 20 years in L.A. and almost a full year in Mexico I must have had several thousands of meximeals and even though I'm a huge eater I wasn't able to finish most of them). However, the quality here is remarkably good, the salsa's only problem is that it comes in tiny bowls which empty quickly so you have to ask for more, but the jalapenos on the nachos are big and meaty and scrumptious so it more or less makes up for it. Overall it's a good choice for a Mexican meal if you're not exactly ravenous but IMHO you'd still be better off walking a block down and hitting Senor Froggy's and their indescribably delicious salsa bar!

Edmonton, Canada
“Mexican food craving fulfilled”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

On our recent drive trip from Edmonton to Whistler, we hit Kamloops around dinner time. My wife being from Texas enjoys good Mexican food and we stumbled upon Quilas on-line. The restaurant is easy to find and parking is close as well. the staff was very friendly and the menu has just the right amount of items on it. The food was served quickly and was extremely tasty. we are planning on stopping back in for lunch on our return trip.

1 Thank XperiencedTravlr