“Cute restaurant with great quality food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quilas Mexican Restaurant

Quilas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 332 Restaurants in Kamloops
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prince George, Canada
“Cute restaurant with great quality food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant quite by accident but were pleasantly surprised. We shared a burrito and found the portion quite appropriate for sharing. The food was fresh and tasty. Great place to have lunch.

Taplow Buckinghamshire
“Certainly the best Mexican Restaurant I've visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was almost put off by the last review but decided to visit Quilas to see for myself. Now I'll admit I'm no aficionado of Mexican Cuisine but I'd like to think I do know good food and that's exactly what I received. I have eaten Mexican in Europe including a real gem in Henley-upon-Thames in England and another slightly trendy establishment in Covent Garden as well as in the USA although never in Mexico and this was as good as the best... no, I lie, this was THE best I've ever had.

It is clear that the food is freshly prepared, even to the point hat the Guacamole is prepared in front of you at table. I word of caution a whole Avocado as a starter for one is a BIG starter for a small guy! I followed with a quadrille of Flour Tortillas that had been folded in a crisp flat triangle and filled with lean marinated steak, just delicious.

Beer's good too (I chose a Dos Equis Lager but there was Amber available too plus the usual suspects) but the Tequila menu was truly extensive, not a hard liquor drinker myself but it looked impressive.

The restaurant is family run and VERY friendly. I REALLY enjoyed my experience here and would definitely recommend Quilas for anyone who enjoys Mexican cuisine or just good cuisine, period.

Valencia, Spain
“This is not #1 in Kamloops.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Don't fall for it, TripAdvisor peeps!!
Apart from the friendly service, this felt like like nothing more than Mexican fast food. I ordered a trio of beef soft tacos that were bland and didn't taste as though they were prepared with fresh ingredients (the meat was off taste).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Fallguy450
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have been in Kamloops for work and for leisure trips, and Quilas Mexican has been our place to have an excellent Ceviche, great Margaritas and other exquisite dishes that add to the warmest service by the owner. For the driver, a virgen mojito is great!
The tortillas can be better.

Burnaby, Canada
“Fresh!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I took my sister there for lunch following a morning at the spa. We were greeted immediately and seated. We had heard they make excellent guacomole, so we ordered a couple of margaritas and the guacomole. The margarita was delicious. The guacomole was made fresh right at our table! You don't see that too often. Our server even explained all the ingredients they use so we could repeat the process at home - nice touch!

We then ordered our main dishes; each of us ordering the enchiladas. When our meals arrived, we noticed the plates seemed to be missing the side beans. We learned that we were missing the beans because we had the lunch-size portion, although we ordered off of a dinner menu. It was no big deal since we were both stuffed afterwards.

The owner stopped by before we left to see how everything had been. We also observed that she was very kind and respectful to her staff, and helped out in the restaurant where needed. It was nice to see that.

• Visited April 2013