“Awesome hotel in Kamloops”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed one night on the way through Kamloops.
Excellent hotel - very clean and well maintained - spotless. Good location - easy to get to, lots of shopping and restaurants close by.
Breakfast was good - but only one toaster - that was a bit inadequate at a busy time. Other than that, it was fine.
Hampton Inns provide CLEAN LINENS for EVERY guest - duvets and covers included - this is reason enough alone to choose their hotels. No other hotel does that, as far as I know. I don't like sharing my bedspread with dozens of strangers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebSD

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wish it had a restaurant. now I have to enter another 175 characters before it will accept my review, cannot determine why these reviews require participants to enter a minimum of 200 characters. i'm far more succinct.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff of this property went out of there way to help. From the time I needed to make a last minute reservation, I called them (stayed there in the past week - Sept 2013) direct as needed a room that would allow a dog.

The gal at the front desk that answered was very accomodating. Got me the room, and she even made sure I could check in quite soon after. I know that properties can't always say yes to guest's requests, but the staff I encountered were all top notch. They seemed to genuinely enjoy helping.

The hotel breakfast the next morning was superb. I've stayed at this property a few years ago - approximately 3 times previously, and this trip I wasn't sure how it would be after a few years (as places change). They seemed to have "improved " what was already a good thing! The breakfast choices (included in price) included oatmeal, and waffles (with the little make it yourself machine from the batter). Staff there was also helpful in anyway they could be.

Checkout was good and quick also. The room was very comfortable, got one with a separate sink area with the fridge and microwave. Only suggestion I would make would be maybe for screens on the window portion that opens - as otherwise bugs get in, but it is airconditioned. A small glitch with in room coffee machine not operable, and they apologized, but didn't matter as still could get coffee with breakfast downstairs.

I hesitate making such a good review, as it may become too popular, but they deserve it. I have recommended it to many people already, and will be back again - without hesitation - it's where to stay for me when I'm in Kamloops.

Someone else made one comment and I will agree - although many properties in that area are the same - there needs to be a grass area possibly for taking the dog out. Though you do walk one way or the other up the street and can find grass. The grounds at front are well kept in summer with flowers though, and they seem to take pride.

Thanks again Hampton Inn Kamloops.

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing street if you want a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark604areacode
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for 4 nights, and we were very pleased with the excellent service and accommodations. It is also in a good location.

We had our own car as we travelled from Vancouver, BC. All the shopping and restaurants were within short driving distances. Some were nearby and within walking distance.

We would definitely stay here again if we were to visit Kamloops.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top - 4th - floor, and faced the front. We had a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank calmwarmseas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every time we go to Kamloops we stay here. The beds and pillows are my favorite out of any Hotel I've ever stayed in. Rooms are for the most part really clean . As someone who has cleaned in the past at Hotels and service buildings of course I found dust and some other things which I always do. The pub next door has great food, well priced and we like to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Great access to the Hwy. The two gas stations on the corner are always cheap, one has a Tim Hortons Express, which is convenient as well and the Aberdeen Mall is just over the overpass.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I think a second elevator would be handy, but I didn't have to wait long.

Not sure how old the hotel is but it still feels quite new. Our stay came after putting on many kilometers that day and it was a great place to relax. The rooms were quiet and comfortable with lots of extra space. The pool looked inviting and they have a separate water slide rather than one that lands in the pool (always nice if you don't enjoy being splashed). The location is readily accessible off the highway and there is convenient shopping and restaurants just a few minutes drive away. Breakfast was OK and the service was pretty good. Parking and wifi also good. Too bad they didn't put another elevator in (my only negative).

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel to get a city view (otherwise you are staring out at a brow...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After staying at the Fairmont in Vancouver the night before we were ready for a let down when the Rocky Mountaineer staff told us we were staying at a Hampton Inn for our stop in Kamloops. No need to worry. This Hampton is what ALL Hampton Inns should strive for; clean, comfortable, well designed, very friendly and helpful staff and reasonably priced. If you're travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer you are not here long. We arrived late in the evening and left early the next morning. This is a good choice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family