“Clean, Great Breakfast, Great Value!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Calgary, Canada
“Clean, Great Breakfast, Great Value!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stopped in here for the night on a recent trip from Vancouver to Calgary and I was really happy by what I saw. First, the staff was friendly. Second, the price was reasonable. Third, the room was really clean and fragrant. The room was BIG, the bathroom was immaculate. I don't know about you, but I always sleep better when I can tell a place is really clean. And I slept like a baby :)
Now to breakfast... It was really good considering it's a bonus. Sparred no expense. Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, etc. etc. But the best was the waffles. These were light and airy. Overall, I would stay here again, and again, and again! And did I mention they have an indoor heated pool. I never took a dip but I will for next time lol.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Patrick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for your recent review of the Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops. I'm happy to hear your experience with us was a positive one. From the friendly welcome at the front desk, to our waffles and breakfast and the immaculate room, allowed you to have a great night's sleep. I hope next time you are in town, please stop by and maybe take a dip in the pool. Thanks for your feedback and I hope we will get to serve again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Three things I look for in hotels are cleanliness, service and atmosphere. This hotel got them all. Very clean, friendly and pleasant staff. Nice and quiet. Close to various amenities. Spacious rooms. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you ladyluck2603 for your recent review of the Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations in regards to cleanliness, service and atmosphere. We strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations. All of here at the Hampton look forward to serving you again in the future!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have tried a number of accommodations in the Kamloops area and always end up returning to the Hampton. Solid, clean hotel, great service and consistent product. Only issue is the fitness room. Two treadmills and an elliptical. It has been the only reason why I have tried other places in the five years I have been coming to Kamloops.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Patrick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops. We try our best to provide what you mentioned in your review, a consistent, solid product. Thank you for your feedback about our fitness room, we need to know these things so that we are able to provide you with a better experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed for three nights at the Hampton Inn in Kamloops, and it was a very nice stay. The hotel is clean and well maintained, the rooms are comfortable, the wifi works very well and the free breakfast is excellent. Parking is free and the hotel is surrounded by many amenities.

I have no complaints at all, except that I did not sleep well for some reason. There wasn't any noise and the bed was comfortable, so I blame it on me instead of the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NotoriousPOD, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks very much for your feedback regarding you recent stay at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops. We are very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, and our free Wi-Fi and parking. Hopefully next time you are in Kamloops you will give us another visit!
North Vancouver
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed as part of our hockey team. We arranged it so we would be on the lower floors, but we had arrived a day later and was put on the fourth floor. If you have hockey bags, it is probably more practical to stay on the second floor as the elevator is SLOWWW. The hotel parking was convenient although tight fitting, but manageable. We parked in the sheltered areas to avoid early morning ice scraping. It worked out well.

Our room was nice and cosy. The wireless internet as well as the land line was slow. Do these hotels know that we are in the 21st Century and there are lots of devices that hoard bandwidth. We had the opportunity to eat downstairs for breakfast. The breakfast was nice, toast, eggs, ham, bacon, hot oatmeal, waffles, muffins, and assortment of fruit and drinks. It was appetizing and the room was spacious enough to accommodate all of us. Even for one of the games which was very early, we managed to sneak in there to have a cup of coffee and a muffin before gametime. The management is nice enough not to intervene. I like that.

The pool and waterslides are a disaster waiting to happen. The floors was very slippery and is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Some people threw some towels on the ground to soak up the water, but to no avail. The waterslides is not managed so you have lots of young kids under no supervision going down the slide. A lawsuit waiting to happen. The hot tub was nice and clean.

The Coast Hotel is next door and has a nice buffet. We ate at Montana's Cookhouse where we had all you can eat ribs. Costco is close by for your shopping convenience and there are many malls close by. We enjoyed out stay here and would come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NotoriousPOD, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback for your recent stay at the hotel. We value your feedback and I have some news about some of the items you listed in your review.

I am happy to announce that we are currently in the process of changing our internet provider, and will be able to offer higher speed internet in our guest rooms and wirelessly by the end of the 2012. We are also updating our television service to in HD channels as well. So that next time you stay, you should be able to use your devices with ease.

In response to your feedback about our pool, thank you and I will let you know we do have pool maintenance scheduled, where we will actually close the pool temporarily, in the next month, so that we are able to address the issues which you experienced in our pool area.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and your nice, cozy room. I hope that your next stay when you are in Kamloops will be with us and you give us a chance to wow you again!
sf bay area
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Since it was right off the Highway this was a good place to stop on our way to Vancouver. The rooms were comfortable with wifi and the breakfast decent. There was free parking in their lot. This has been our normal experience with most Hampton Inns. The hotel was crowded because of the Canadian Rail strike cause their passengers to be bussed and housed in hotels along the way. I saw at least 20 buses parked outside the next morning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nnoSfBayArea
NotoriousPOD, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in May 2012. We appreciate that you picked our hotel on your trip to Vancouver. At the Hampton Inn Kamloops, we strive to provide all our guests with an outstanding hotel stay and we appreciate your feedback as it will allow us to make future improvements for our guests. Thanks for staying!
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good location on the hill south of Kamloops. Close to Tim Hortons, McD's, a pub next door, a mall and Costco, all within walking distance. Staff are friendly, rooms are modern and clean, wi-fi works well, breakfast is good and varied so you can find something however you eat. Good value for the money compared to similar locations in Kamloops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, no view but no noise either
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suncraver7
Thanks for your recent feedback on the Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops! At the hotel we try to provide a balance between value for the price paid. I'm glad that we were able to match those two up to provide you with a great place to stay in August. I hope that next time you are through Kamloops, you will give us another chance to "Wow" you! Have a great day and thank you for your feedback.