“A great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Kamloops
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was in town on business and I found the hotel easy to locate, clean and tidy. The staff were very pleasant and they even had a bagged breakfast when I checked out early in the morning. The rooms are large and modern. My room overlooked the city and I had a nice view of the mountains.
The parking spaces are fairly small so if you have a full size pick-up truck or a camper you will have to park at the end of the building. There are lots of restaurants close by and you are only a minute from the Trans Canada highway. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the city for a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 29, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Kamloops is a pleasant and reasonably economical place to stay for a night or two. It is easy to get to from the main highway, there is free parking (some covered), and it is only about 10 minutes from downtown. The rooms are typical for a newish mid-market hotel, i.e: clean, roomy, and comfortable. Ours had a king bed, with lots of room for a sofa, along with a refrigerator, microwave, and small sink. A somewhat noisy in-room unit provides heating and cooling, but it is effective, and you can shut it off at night. We were woken once by a tapping noise in or near our room, and sound proofing between rooms could be better. Service is cheerful and efficient and free wi-fi and wired Internet is included. Breakfast is provided, and includes two hot dish options (waffles or omelettes) which you cook yourself, together with a good choice of cereals, fruit, toast, baked goods, etc. (low quality paper plates and plastic cutlery detract from the experience). There are bars and restaurants within walking distance. The Hampton Inn is a good choice for comfortable, clean, well located, and economical accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was my first stay at this hotel and I was really impressed with the size of the "king with sofa bed" room. Lots and lots of space and it also had a mini fridge and microwave. My parents had the room with 2 queen beds and that room also was a good size.

Everything from the lobby to the hallways to the room was super clean. The staff was very friendly and efficient and check in/out was a breeze.

The breakfast room was also huge and clean with seating up to 50 people. The food and drinks were layed out well with a good selection that included muffins, bread, make-your-own-waffles, cereal, eggs, yogurt and fruit.

The hotel is located across the highway from Aberdeen Mall and there are several other hotels, restaraunts and gas stations in the same area. Tim Hortons and McDonalds are just up the street and I'm guessing that it is about a 5-10 min. drive to downtown Kamloops.

I can definitely say that I will return to this hotel for my next stay in Kamloops.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have certain expectations when staying at a hotel that carries the Hampton (Hilton) name. A good nights sleep being paramount.

The Good: Hotel, rooms and lobby are clean and up to date. Check in was easy. Deluxe continental breakfast and free internet.

The Bad: The in room alarm clock, obviously set from the previous guest went off at 5am! After fumbling with it for 5 min to figure out how to turn it off, I was awake for good. When I came down to the lobby a bit later as I stepped out of the elevator the front desk staff greeted me with "good morning, did you have a good sleep?" When I informed them of the alarm clock they responded in a somewhat condescending tone, "Oh sorry about that." I did not pay premium to stay at the Hampton to be awoken by their error. I did not find their quick apology to be sufficient. I am not one to ask for a discount, but I actually thought the hotel would offer one for my lack of a good nights sleep, which they did not. I'm not sure what the Hampton guarantee is, but I am certain it is not guaranteeing a good nights sleep.

Swimming pool is located in an awkward spot next to the lobby.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Great clean and comfortable rooms. Two kids under 3 and we had lots of room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

In Friday with the wife for an unexpected night in Kamloops. I expect good service ,
comfortable clean rooms, a quiet atmosphere and a decent breakfast from the Hilton
chain whenever I stay there. I think I got almost all of that . Great service, quiet cozy
clean room, the breakfast however was lacking I thought. . When the choices for hot are
chewy french toast strips and scrambled eggs that are the kind out of a carton, it leaves
me to wonder. I mean the rates are high enough they could use fresh eggs and at least keep the toast fresh.. thanks to Mr heinz i managed a bit . Was an 8 out of 10 in my book. Great young lady at checkout.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

At the chain hotels you can usually expect to get the good quality room that you expect. The staff at this hotel was very attentive and helpful with the myriad of different requests I made of them. They were very friendly and funny and just great to be around. As far as Hampton Inns go, this was probably my favorite of all of the ones at which I have stayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family