“Never Again!”

Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Toronto, Canada
“Never Again!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We do not recommend. The room was tiny, dark and you could see light around the door to the outside. Everything was worn and / or stained. Not worth the money. Pillows were so thin you needed 3 but there was only one.
Our room was on the ground floor facing a back parking lot/alleyway

Room Tip: There are many other hotels in Kamloops so do a better job of previewing them than we did.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is discusting filthy crackhead place.. Pulled back the sheets to see it was already slept in!! Asked for another room it was worse.. Dirty sheets dirty floor.. Place should be shut down!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Truckergal55

Travelers are raving about these Kamloops hotels

Terrace, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. The room needs updating but other than that..the room was clean and smelled fine. There was no fridge which was disappopinting..I really like having a fridge in my room. THe room came with a hairdryer which was great for me. The bath room was clean but like I said needs updating. The remote for the TV didn't work for everything..but that didn't really matter for me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stay at Howard Johnson Inn Downtown for a weekend for 2 nights with my husband and kids and it was a wonderful stay. Our room was clean and smelled good. Wireless internet worked fine and continental breakfast saved our family $25 every mornings. This hotel has best staff I have ever come across. Every time I needed somethingThey always offered to come to my room and deliver. Overall, I would say this Howard Johnson is my choice of accommodation for my future stays in Kamloops.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mel1975_12
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Used secret saver to find this hotel, never again. The place is terrible and I strongly suggest that it is not good value even at the discounted price. This is the type of hotel that can ruin a holiday. Room smelled and was dirty, tv did not work properly, staff were not helpful, they sent me to the wrong room, I carried all of my bags upstairs only to find out that our room was downstairs, door did not lock properly, noisy. Big mistake, will not trust the secret saver option ever again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was on a business trip and barely knew anything about Kamloops. I needed a good value hotel possibly in donwtown. I was checking the hotels on my laptop & comparing prices and saw Howard Johnson Inn. I decided to take a look and 5 mins later I reached there. I parked my car. I booked the room and decided to take a shower before exploring the town. The bathroom was very clean. Then I put my clothes on and went to front desk. Manager was there and he was really helpful. He advised me a good Greek Restaurant. Later I went to a club and had a great night.
I stayed 2 more days and left Kamloops. I will be going back to Kamloops in 3-4 weeks, and Howard Hohnson Inn will be my first choice. In the end, if you are looking for ;
-an accomodation with a great price value
-a clean room & bathroom
-great downtown location
-Helpful manager & front desk
You should consider Howard Johnson.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

this was the most dirties motel iv'e ever stayed at very poor service tub are so dirty you dont even want to shower in them counter top hanging of the wall broken and they have bugs in the room go scabies from staying there cont breakfast is very poor no selction etc owner name is pnder and he is very rude !! there are also hookers selling there selfs out of the motel at the back bottom room in the corner

Room Tip: please do not stay here unless you want to chatch something
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business