“AMAZING!!”

Terra Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 347 Restaurants in Kamloops
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: OUR STORY In 2011, hotel and restaurant industry professionals Andrea and David decided to make a go of it on their own. Their idea was simple; partner with equally passionate local producers to showcase the best of the Thompson region in a fun, creative setting. Four years later, Chef David’s award winning cuisine along with a stellar line up of wines, beers and delectable cocktails have made Terra a local favorite. FRESH We believe in cooking with the seasons. We change our menu monthly to reflect ingredients at their peak. So there’s no asparagus in November, no pumpkins in May and certainly no fava beans in January. What you do get though, is an inspired, creative team excited to work with local farmers, ranchers and artisans who provide us with exceptional products. LIQUID ASSETS You wouldn’t expect to find Canadian wines at a small restaurant in Australia would you? Our wines, beers and spirits are carefully selected from small, quality producers right here in BC. Some in fact, are just down the street. We are proud of our relationships with craft brewers, distillers and wineries as they allow us to showcase the exceptional products of our region. JOIN US We recommend making a reservation, especially during busy times like weekends or holiday weekends. We appreciate larger groups calling ahead to book space. If you are out and would like to drop in, please do so, knowing you will always be welcome. At Terra Restaurant, we pride ourselves on serving our guests the very best locally sourced, organic and most authentic food each and every day. Our traditional recipes and approach to preparing the meals we serve is what sets us apart from the rest. With the freshest ingredients at hand in our community each menu item starts with incredible taste. If there's one thing we pride ourselves on, it's complete customer satisfaction. From the time you walk through the door to the time we have to say goodbye, we ensure that you've had the very best dining experience. We treat everyone that walk through our door like family and want you to feel that way. From the care that goes into preparing our meals to the smiling faces of our staff.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I would like to start out saying that I am a Chef, so I am not easily impressed.... but WOW!

We orderd the Chef's menu, and was not told what we would be getting, but talked about possible likes / dislikes and alergies with the chef. At $44, it was a great deal. Of course, we paired with the wine, for another $20. I was very pleased with amount of local, organic, Oceanwise, etc... It shows conscience decisions in ordering, not just getting "whatever is available". The flavours and variety were amazing... AND the wines were incredible.

The service was attentive, but not overbearing...and she was very knowledgable about the food and wine coming to the table. Overall a very memorable experience.
I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed dinner, but don't want to sound false. I would just say, if you are in the Kamloops area, Terra is a MUST TRY!. Go see for yourself, and eat amazing food.
The natural decore is very pleasing and calming. Tons of wood and granite. Tastefull...and NO TV"S!!

Thanks Chef!!

2  Thank David C

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We walked around Kamloops the evening we arrived trying to find somewhere for dinner, when we happened upon Terra. It looks like a perfectly fine bistro-type restaurant and we thought we would give it a try, expecting an average meal, but we were in for a surprise!!The ethos of the restaurant is to use local produce. We both had the best vegetable risotto ever, accompanied by great wine. We don't normally have puddings, but so glad we did as they were just fantastic. The owner/ chef came out to ask if we were enjoying the food and to talk about the ingredients he had used, and he appeared to do this with most of the customers. This was an unexpectedly great meal, so thanks very much for a great experience.

2  Thank marnieSuffolk_Uk
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Presentation is gorgeous and the dishes are to die for. The scallops are devine. Rockfish melted in my mouth. the apple pie and ice cream are the best I've ever had. I'm not a fan of pie crust but theirs is amazing!

The only thing that I think is out of place is the decor. It's seems too plain for a fine dining restaurant.

1  Thank erinf31
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was in Kamloops on business for several weeks this year. I tried many restaurants but this was the very best for both lunch and dinner. I really enjoy a good soup and Terra has never disappointed me with their made from scratch daily creations. I recommend trying the wine pairing menu for dinner. This is casual bistro style restaurant with very upscale food. David, the chef and owner, is very creative and uses fresh local ingredients in his meals.

1  Thank MaxHound
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Probably one of the best restaurants in town. Being a Monday night, it was fairly quiet. The service was prompt and friendly, but not obtrusive. The food was very good and not only the serving staff, but also the chef, came to check that all was well.

It wasn't cheap, but you get what you pay for and it was good value at the price