“Not impressed.”

Fiesta Mexicana Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was named "Tangos" but is now "fiesta Mexicana" and there is no listing in Trip Advisor for it. Their website is not up, but they have been doing business for a while now and its a hot spot!
Prince George, Canada
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

1st impressions are important! Walking in we were assaulted with a very strong Lysol odor! Service was quick, The salsa was very good, however the dish was small and hard to dip into. The decor is quite sad, and we got the creeps when we looked up and the chandelier above our table was caked in dust! My husband moved so it wasn't hanging over his plate! I love Mexican food and was tempted to try the soup that said "You've never tasted anything like this before!" However the waiter said they didn't have it, he didn't know why it was on the menu because they never make it. No wonder it's the soup nobodies tasted! our mains were generous portions, but it was a lot of rice, which was bland and dry. The tortillas were steamed?? yukky! The chicken dish was a gooey mess with dry meat. We did not have the chef that represented the restaurant on the show "You've got to eat here" The prices would be acceptable if the food was better, but these dishes should have cost $9.00, NOT $16!! Very over priced, not authentic, dirty environment and below average food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cheryl w

Kamloops, Canada
“Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I had heard about this restaurant after it was featured on You Gotta Eat Here, so we decided to try it for lunch on one of our very rare trips to town together. We arrived just after 1 PM on the Tuesday after Labour Day, so not a busy day. The waitress was friendly and quick to bring us a beer and take our order but then the waiting began. Our food took a full hour to arrive. That was a taco salad for my wife and a huge burrito with queso sauce for myself. By the time the food arrived, I had nearly lost my appetite. My wife's taco was over cooked, nearly burned in fact, and dripping grease but after waiting so long to be served, she decided to just eat it. My burrito was OK but no more than OK. It was just too much of one thing. Even though there are several ingredients in the burrito, they are all wrapped in the same tortilla. The garnish of fresh tomato and cilantro was applied far too parsimoniously, especially since tomatoes are abundant and cheap in Kamloops at summer's end. It was not a well-designed dish.

I left a tip because the waitress was pleasant but in hindsight, I shouldn't have. Next time I want Mexican I will go to Senor Froggy's. It is faster, cheaper and better.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank jdnirwin
Vancouver, Canada
“Does not deserve the high rating”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was driving through Kamloops and thought I would look up a cool place to eat so I went on the You gotta eat here website and this is the only restaurant for the area so I decided to go. I am more than disappointed ! The service was some of the worst service I have ever witnessed in Canada. My meal was screwed up twice as well as the fact that I had to wait over an hour for my meal ( it was just two of us dining...also my appetizer came with the rest of the meal). I have to admit the Tortilla soup was quite nice but the fish tacos and enchilada were not that good. When I informed the waitress after waiting over 30 min for soup that if it was not going to come before my meal there was no point in brining she just said uuuggghh ok and then brought it two min before the rest of my food anyways. After our meal and sitting there for more than 15 min with dirty plates on our table my BF requested our bill. Upon receiving the bill we noticed that we were overcharged I again approached the waitress to inform her of the mistake and she just shrugged her shoulder and said oh. After which she walked away and took another tables order. We waited for over another 5 min while she walked around ignoring us and not even letting us know if the problem was going to be resolved. We ended up leaving without ever getting the problem resolved because we needed to carry on driving and could no longer spend time at the restaurant since we had been there for almost 2 hours as it was. All around I was extremely disappointed I have not Idea how this restaurant got on a TV show let alone the amazing ratings on trip advisor.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Alexandra M
Uk
“Ultimate letdown!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband is a huge fan of You Gotta Eat Here so we made a bee line for Fiesta Mexicana. Why did we bother?
The room was excruciatingly hot, the waitress/seater was rushed off her feet so the service was very slow, including offering water. By the time the sweat was pouring off us I really didn't really want to eat!
The free nachos came so close to the main course that there was really no point in having them. The burning hot plate was put in front of my one-year old son, so I enetertained him whilst my husband could enjoy his meal. As it happens it was bland and nothing special. I took my whole meal to go and took one bite.
A real letdown. Save your money. Honestly.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank leanneteach
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“Great service & authentic Mexican food!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife & I had dinner last week, we were greeted & seated by our waitress who made sure our needs were met. She provided great service and made sure our meals & drinks were satisfactory. Once again, our meal was fresh, hot & authentic tasting. Our beverages were cold & flavorful.

• Visited August 2013