“Great experience just like Mexico :D”

Fiesta Mexicana Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 345 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was named "Tangos" but is now "fiesta Mexicana" and there is no listing in Trip Advisor for it. Their website is not up, but they have been doing business for a while now and its a hot spot!
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 815 and we were greeted very nicely by a server (he greeted us in Spanish wow!!!). We immediately tried some chips and salsa that were brought to the table and order two double mojitos. The mojitos were awesome! Best mojitos I've tried in my entire life, the waiter made the drinks with fresh mint from the patio. We asked for recommendations and our waiter didn't disappointed us. I ordered the choripollo and my date got the burrito Guadalajara. I can honestly say that I never thought I could ever have so authentic and original Mexican food outside of Mexico. Even our server was Mexican. He was very polite and professional and he taught us few Spanish words, we thank him for that. In general we had a great time at fiesta mexicana. We will recommend it to our friends and we'll be back very soon!!!
We don't understand what happened to the fella below, we were there at the same time and we totally had a different experience. I think we were even very nice to them when we agreed to relocate our table because of their noisy party even though we were there first.

1  Thank Kevin189

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to visit you guys because we heard that you guys are the best Mexican restaurant in town and all of my friends were right about it ! We arrived at 7 pm it wasn't too busy so we were seated right away. The waiter brought fresh chips and salsa to the table ( great salsa guys ) . Long short story we ordered our food . My wife ordered Chicken Mole Poblano , the sauce on top of the chicken it was great flavour and unique , accompanied with the warm corn tortillas very good she loved it and I ordered their famous see on tv Burrito Guadalajara yummy!! That thing is huge and full of flavour .. The rice has a great taste the beans as well , tender grilled chicken and chorizo sausage , topped with that delicious white sauce and pico de gallo on top . I have only one word to describe this dish ( Delicious ) .. Great service , great food and friendly atmosphere definitely we will come back lots here . Thanks guys ! Keep it up

1  Thank Arnold_AK47
Reviewed August 12, 2013

disinterested waiter, could tell we annoyed staff by showing up at 8:30 on mon night even tho we made reservations. huge menu, chips brought 15 min after we seated ourselves. small salsa bowl makes it awkward to dip chip. lukewarm food, poor presentation, bland taste, dry mystery meat, waiter forgot guacamole, when he brought it i finished in a couple bites. even kids complained about food. part of our party arrived 10 min before kitchen close @ 9 (website says 10). they would only make nachos cause they wanted to shutdown for night. unimaginative decor. worst part? stale tortillas out of a bag heated on flattop incl. bonus bits of dirty flattop char.

tried to overharge us on bill, cook answer phone then handles food w/o washing hands and smokes outside in parking lot in view of arriving patrons. poor timing from kitchen as all but 1 plate brought out, when we check to see if they forgot (overheard waiter forget another tables appies so we were concerned) they say "its coming, we have a small kitchen" owners not around so mite be better otherwise but will not be back to try based on their judgement in menu, decor, staff. food tv special will not save your business in long run. senor froggys cheaper, tastier, friendlier.

1  Thank rj j
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went for dinner with relatives on the August long weekend. Reservations were made well in advance but were somehow misplaced. Paco, our server was very helpful and set up a table in the foyer for us as they were full that evening. It may have not been the best location but I was glad that they made the effort to seat us. As it turned out, it was much quieter up front so that we could visit. Food was excellent and arrived promptly after we enjoyed a drink and some appetizers. I had the Burrito Guadalajara and my wife had the dish that was featured on 'You Gotta Eat Here' (Enchilada I think). Food was served hot and very tasty. Extremely generous helping so that neither of us could finish our meal. And it was all just rice and refried beans. I didnt care for the mole but that's just me. Paco was very apologetic for not having a table for us and I thank them for that. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone that likes authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Not particularly pleasant ambiance, inattentive waitstaff. Food was average, not particularly flavorful or special. A bit out of the way location, and not really worth searching for.

1  Thank 08FLHRC