“good authentic Mexican food on Mexican time”

Fiesta Mexicana Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 335 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant was named "Tangos" but is now "fiesta Mexicana" and there is no listing in Trip Advisor for it. Their website is not up, but they have been doing business for a while now and its a hot spot!
Kamloops, Canada
“good authentic Mexican food on Mexican time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I read an article in the paper how this restaurant was featured on a TV show so we thought we'd try it. We went on a Sat evening and it was packed which was nice to see. I'm assuming it was the owner came out and brought each group chips and salsa and a slushy drink while waiting which was very nice.

Once we sat down we got our orders in pretty quick. Over 30 minutes later ( at least ) the waiter came back and said they had ran out of what I had ordered ( the chirochicken or something? They ran out of the chorizo ) and said they had also ran out of the ribs that my mom ordered so we had to re order. I picked out another ( the enchalladias Vallarta ) and when the waiter came back he said they actually did have the ribs for my mom. After that it was another 30-40 minutes before our food came.

My food was very good, I really enjoyed it. My sister had the fajitas which was a very large portion and she really enjoyed it. My moms ribs.. they were soo over cooked, and hard, like they had been sitting in a warmer for a long long time. We really didn't enjoy them.

Overall, it was good.. the atmosphere was good, the service while we waited to be seated was good, 2/3 of the meals were good.

It was very expensive though.. $60 plus tip for three meals with just water to drink, no appies or anything. The bathroom is cement flooring which looked disgusting.

I'd recommend a reservation if you're in a hurry.

“Another excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to Mexicana Friday night, the night after Valentines. Got a quiet table in the back. The place quickly filled up after 6:00 pm., and got busy.
I normally get fijitas, but tried ordered the Fietsa Sampler. The plate was huge, and I couldn't finish it. My wife ordered the TexMex plate. She got a huge plate of food too & ended taking half of it home. She like her dinner, had lots of nachos, beans, chicken, salad & sour cream.
We left around 6:30pm., as peole were lining up at the door for a table. We didn't have a reservation, so I guess we were lucky that we went a little earlier.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok... if it was the only Mexican in town, I might go back... maybe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went out for dinner with my husband tonight. I'd read the reviews here on tripadvisor and it sounded good. There was a wait for a table and we were eventually seated at the bar. The servers were run off their feet... perhaps a bit understaffed for their capacity. It wasn't until after we were drinking a beer that we were told that the kitchen was backlogged and food wouldn't come out for minimum 45 minutes. The server recommended not ordering an appetizer as that could slow things down more. My husband ordered the Mole Poblano and I ordered the Mole Ranchero. The Mole Poblano was good but the Mole Ranchero was definitely sub par. It was incredibly salty... edible, but I don't recommend it. The corn tortillas that accompanied the meal tasted dry and stale. They were either overcooked initially or had been made well in advance and left under heat lamps. The server was as good as possible considering that they seemed ill prepared for crowds. The restaurant was o.k. Nothing great, nothing terrible. I have only been there once and I have been to the other mexican restaurant in town once... comparing my two experiences? I wouldn't bother going back to Fiesta Mexicana.

1 Thank Loop-de-doo
Kamloops, Canada
“What a Great Little Find !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

we're a lucky bunch of foodie's in the Loops . we used to go to this little ' hole in the wall ', when it was known as Tango. Heard lots of good comments about this place, and was given GC's so thats why we went. We shared the Mango Salad, very good, and big portion. We shared the chicken chimichanga and it was excellent. ( we like to share stuff ) . Service was so homey and down to earth. our server was from mexico city, so her accent and broken english added to the experience. it was busy when we went, so I would recommend reservations- its not a very big place. atmosphere is cosy. we thanked the kitchen staff on the way out, and they were very appreciative- which is also a nice touch. all in all it was a pleasurable dining experience, and I would go again. oh, and I orderd the cake for desert- very rich-very delish. :)

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Best Mexican Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Caught word of this little restaurant with big mexican flavors from our taxi driver on our last visit. Well one of the mole sauces I've ever tasted. I don't normally go for the menu items with mole sauce but I'm sure glad I did. Large portions, hot tortilla chips and salsa when you sit and some great drinks. The salsa was good but wish it was the finely chopped fresh salsa you would find in Mexico. Nice open kitchen with great staff and an atmosphere to make you think your not in Kamloops. Great place for after work drinks and appys or group party. Also with there rewards program its easy to come back and rack-up some points. We will return for sure.

• Visited January 2013