“Another excellent dinner”

Fiesta Mexicana Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant was named "Tangos" but is now "fiesta Mexicana" and there is no listing in Trip Advisor for it. Their website is not up, but they have been doing business for a while now and its a hot spot!
“Another excellent dinner”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to Mexicana Friday night, the night after Valentines. Got a quiet table in the back. The place quickly filled up after 6:00 pm., and got busy.
I normally get fijitas, but tried ordered the Fietsa Sampler. The plate was huge, and I couldn't finish it. My wife ordered the TexMex plate. She got a huge plate of food too & ended taking half of it home. She like her dinner, had lots of nachos, beans, chicken, salad & sour cream.
We left around 6:30pm., as peole were lining up at the door for a table. We didn't have a reservation, so I guess we were lucky that we went a little earlier.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok... if it was the only Mexican in town, I might go back... maybe”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went out for dinner with my husband tonight. I'd read the reviews here on tripadvisor and it sounded good. There was a wait for a table and we were eventually seated at the bar. The servers were run off their feet... perhaps a bit understaffed for their capacity. It wasn't until after we were drinking a beer that we were told that the kitchen was backlogged and food wouldn't come out for minimum 45 minutes. The server recommended not ordering an appetizer as that could slow things down more. My husband ordered the Mole Poblano and I ordered the Mole Ranchero. The Mole Poblano was good but the Mole Ranchero was definitely sub par. It was incredibly salty... edible, but I don't recommend it. The corn tortillas that accompanied the meal tasted dry and stale. They were either overcooked initially or had been made well in advance and left under heat lamps. The server was as good as possible considering that they seemed ill prepared for crowds. The restaurant was o.k. Nothing great, nothing terrible. I have only been there once and I have been to the other mexican restaurant in town once... comparing my two experiences? I wouldn't bother going back to Fiesta Mexicana.

1 Thank Loop-de-doo
Kamloops, Canada
“What a Great Little Find !!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

we're a lucky bunch of foodie's in the Loops . we used to go to this little ' hole in the wall ', when it was known as Tango. Heard lots of good comments about this place, and was given GC's so thats why we went. We shared the Mango Salad, very good, and big portion. We shared the chicken chimichanga and it was excellent. ( we like to share stuff ) . Service was so homey and down to earth. our server was from mexico city, so her accent and broken english added to the experience. it was busy when we went, so I would recommend reservations- its not a very big place. atmosphere is cosy. we thanked the kitchen staff on the way out, and they were very appreciative- which is also a nice touch. all in all it was a pleasurable dining experience, and I would go again. oh, and I orderd the cake for desert- very rich-very delish. :)

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Best Mexican Great People”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Caught word of this little restaurant with big mexican flavors from our taxi driver on our last visit. Well one of the mole sauces I've ever tasted. I don't normally go for the menu items with mole sauce but I'm sure glad I did. Large portions, hot tortilla chips and salsa when you sit and some great drinks. The salsa was good but wish it was the finely chopped fresh salsa you would find in Mexico. Nice open kitchen with great staff and an atmosphere to make you think your not in Kamloops. Great place for after work drinks and appys or group party. Also with there rewards program its easy to come back and rack-up some points. We will return for sure.

• Visited January 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“good prices, very Mexican selection”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It has been hard lately to get good Mexican food in Kamloops. The Staff at the Fiesta is friendly and experienced in preparing their selections.

Visited September 2012