“Great Brew - Fun Atmosphere”

The Noble Pig Brewhouse
Ranked #13 of 349 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In our opinion, it is a place that makes amazing food & beer accessible to all. While selling a creative menu that is made up of market fresh ingredients that are prepared with honest, classic techniques, we can provide our guests the experience of great food in a casual pub environment.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great beer brewed on site. Wife had the Mocha Porter. I had the IPA. Both were very good. Spirited and attentive service. Will definitely come back next time I'm in Kamloops.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

You know when you eat at a restaurant and you can actually tell that the food came right out of a package, into a microwave, and onto your plate? Well, the food at the Noble Pig doesn't taste like that. It actually tastes like someone took the time to cook it from (somewhat) scratch.

I've read some of the reviews on here that state that their menu isn't particularly interesting or unique. I quite disagree! Deep-fried pickles, pulled pork poutine and tacos, and oh man, the cubano sandwich. You're not going to find that stuff anywhere else in Kamloops.

The beer is always very good if you're the type of person that likes craft brews and not your average Bud light or Kokanee. In fact, I don't think they actually have any other beer besides the stuff they brew there. The beer tastes fresh and crisp. The Twig and Berries (current seasonal) beer has a slight fruity taste with that hint of clove (or whatever it is they do to make it taste like cloves). You definitely get more bang for the buck buying beer than you do buying highballs or any other drink: they give you more beer, and their drinks are really small and not worth the price in my opinion.

The only slight complaint I have is that every time I go to order one of their seasonal beer from the menu, they will say that the beer for that month isn't on there any more, and it's always annoying because it will only be two weeks into the month and you can't order it cause they ran out or something, yet it's still on the menu. I'm sure they deal with that all the time, but if they could just put a sticker or something on the menu to say "no longer available" it would save me the annoyance.

It does get REALLY noisy in there. And yes, it does sometimes take a while to get your food when it's that busy, but the wait is totally worth it. Just keep the beer flowing!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very popular spot with selection of brews and simple dinners. If the weather is nice, sit outside away from some of the noise.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have a difficult time choosing a rating for this place because I am very torn. So I going to go in the middle with a 3/5

We arrived for dinner just after 5:30pm. It was a good 25 minutes before we received our drinks and had the opportunity to place our food order. Our appies took another 45 minutes to arrive (fried pickles and fish tacos, nothing complicated). After our server checked with the kitchen it was discovered our appies were give to another table, so they remade them and were brought out prompty after that. The fried pickles and fish tacos were both very good. We hoped things would turn around from here. Well another 45 minutes later and still no entrees. I'm sorry but that meant it was close to 2hrs from when we sat down to when we received our entrees. Keep in mind this is pub grub! The server was very good, and I don't want to say the service was bad as she did the best she could considering the backed up kitchen. In fact I felt sorry for her as she was obviously run of her feet with every table experiencing delays and vented to her.

We were in town for a concert, and they simply weren't prepared to handle the rush of concert go-oers. Our food arrived - eventually, as we were literally just about to walk out the door (Meatloaf sandsich with fries, Cubano sandwich with onion rings - both excellent!). Unfortunately we had to scarf it down in great haste to assure we would not miss the beginning of the show.

So, in conclusion, The food really was excellent, the servers were doing the best they could but the kitchen was just overwhelmed. They comped our appies, but a $60 bill for pub grub we had to wait 2hrs for is just not right. Unfortunatley I am not sure I would return based on this experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Busy venue on a Monday evening, but we were seated promptly and enjoyed our meal. Husband had a sampler platter of 4 beers which he enjoyed.

Good service, nice atmosphere, enjoyable food.

1  Thank Soozee