“Local Beer Pub”

The Noble Pig Brewhouse
Ranked #3 of 339 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In our opinion, it is a place that makes amazing food & beer accessible to all. While selling a creative menu that is made up of market fresh ingredients that are prepared with honest, classic techniques, we can provide our guests the experience of great food in a casual pub environment.
Berkeley, California
“Local Beer Pub”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very popular spot with selection of brews and simple dinners. If the weather is nice, sit outside away from some of the noise.

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
“Great food, once it finally arrived!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have a difficult time choosing a rating for this place because I am very torn. So I going to go in the middle with a 3/5

We arrived for dinner just after 5:30pm. It was a good 25 minutes before we received our drinks and had the opportunity to place our food order. Our appies took another 45 minutes to arrive (fried pickles and fish tacos, nothing complicated). After our server checked with the kitchen it was discovered our appies were give to another table, so they remade them and were brought out prompty after that. The fried pickles and fish tacos were both very good. We hoped things would turn around from here. Well another 45 minutes later and still no entrees. I'm sorry but that meant it was close to 2hrs from when we sat down to when we received our entrees. Keep in mind this is pub grub! The server was very good, and I don't want to say the service was bad as she did the best she could considering the backed up kitchen. In fact I felt sorry for her as she was obviously run of her feet with every table experiencing delays and vented to her.

We were in town for a concert, and they simply weren't prepared to handle the rush of concert go-oers. Our food arrived - eventually, as we were literally just about to walk out the door (Meatloaf sandsich with fries, Cubano sandwich with onion rings - both excellent!). Unfortunately we had to scarf it down in great haste to assure we would not miss the beginning of the show.

So, in conclusion, The food really was excellent, the servers were doing the best they could but the kitchen was just overwhelmed. They comped our appies, but a $60 bill for pub grub we had to wait 2hrs for is just not right. Unfortunatley I am not sure I would return based on this experience.

Nottingham
“Fun place with good food”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Busy venue on a Monday evening, but we were seated promptly and enjoyed our meal. Husband had a sampler platter of 4 beers which he enjoyed.

Good service, nice atmosphere, enjoyable food.

1 Thank Soozee
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Stunning Beer, Good Food and a Great Host!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stopped in Kamloops as part of our Canadian honeymoon trip on the Rocky Mountaineer.

Like many other reviewers we wanted something straight forward after the gourmet foods on the train.

While we browsed the menus we were joined at our table by David the brewer who had trained near London and he was a most gracious host taking time to explain his art.

We sampled several of David's excellent brews including Imperious Pig IPA, Belgian Pepper Ale, a fine wheat beer and an early preview of Witless Blonde for my wife.

This is a must visit place if you are in British Columbia, if you in Kamloops don't go anywhere else!!

• Visited May 2012
New Malden
“Full to the brim (both us with food and the pub with a happy crowd)”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

After a long day on the Rocky Mountaineer eating lovingly prepared food we were housed overnight at the Thompson Hotel & Conference Centre. Right next door was The Noble Pig pub/restaurant. What a find! It was a Sunday night so thought it would be quiet. There wasn't a car moving on the main road outside. Not surprising really as the whole of Kamloops must have been eating in The Noble Pig. We had a short wait but took a drinks table near the bar? We reviewed the menu whilst ordering drinks. My wife went straight in to the reasonably priced cocktails. I had a 'flight' of four different beers. They rotate the beer specials on a monthly basis. We were soon seated and struggled what to order. There was so much choice. I was drawn towards the 'beef dip roll' as I had seen one on a Man v Food episode once upon a time. After dithering I went for the Cubano sandwich containing. Such things as pulled pork, roast beef and smoked ham in their home-made BBQ sauce. My wife went for the pulled pork mac & cheese. We shared a fish taco made with pineapple salsa as a starter. The main course was huge. Even with my healthy appetite I had to leave some of the roll. On this occasion, food won. The staff were very attentive, giving good advice. They were a happy bunch; clearly enjoying their job.