“Great location!”

Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Kamloops
Campbell River, Canada
“Great location!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great place to stay if your kids are in the hockey tournament. One of the rinks is minutes away so you can park your car and walk to the rink. There are great restaurants close by,only a short walk.The hotel has a brew pub with a good selection of home brew and great food the staff are very friendly. The hotel staff were friendly and answered all my concerns . The rooms were really clean and well stocked. all the cleaning staff did an excellent job and made you feel welcomed asking how everything was when you passed them in the hallway.the games room kept our kids occupied when they were not playing hockey . Even if I was in Kamloops for business or pleasure I would stay here .Great place

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear dewalte56,

I'm so pleased that you discovered The Thompson! We are perfectly set up to host teams, families and corporate guests alike. Our downtown location works for everyone, and our restaurants offer the best choices for lunches and dinners. I hope we see you again soon and thank you very much for your kind review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how great my stay was here, best hotel stay I've had in some time. Although its a no frills hotel, the rooms are exceptionally clean and the girls at the front counter are friendly and helpful. They allowed me to bring my pet for just a $25 fee and gave treats at check in !

I ordered take out from the lounge and it was surprisingly quite tasty. They make a great Caesar salad !

If I'm in Kamloops again I will stay here !

• Stayed January 2013
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Raconteur604,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Thompson! We love dogs here (and their owners!), so our team is very happy to see our four legged friends in the hotel. I'm also glad you were able to use the convenience of our take out/room service. It's a pleasure for us to be able to offer you all the amenities of a full service hotel.
Thank you for staying here and for your kind review, we hope to see you again soon!
Terrace BC
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been staying here regularly for the last 3 years, and up and until this year I would not have a complaint....however, it is wonderful that a free continental breakfast is offered, but what about those of us who want a warm breakfast? I was very disappointed to find you could no longer order hot breakfast. If you are going to keep it this way, may I recommend a microwave to warm up the really cold eggs.

Also....might seems trivial, but the change in the coffee that is offered....its now like dish water....please bring back the old brand!!! I used to look forward to coming down for a coffee.

As for the staff :) Top Notch! They are all friendly and welcoming, and would not hesitate to help with anything....even the "sometimes" rowdy teams that frequent the hotel.

Room Tip: This is a great hotel....its just the little things as a regular customer that are disappointing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear nicole i,

We are always happy to welcome back our returning guests here at The Thompson! We are planning many changes in 2013, including a new breakfast with a different setup and choices. I am sorry that you aren't partial to our new coffee, we tried a taste test with quite a few people and this was the bean that received the best reviews.
Along with the breakfast, we are doing many renovations in the New Year that I think you will be pleased with. Please give us another try and let me know how we are doing!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel for a weekend hockey tournament.

The hotel is in the downtown area and located within easy walking distance to food, transit, Memorial Arena Rink, shopping and coffee shops. The Christmas parade ended just up the road and was a great highlight.

A nice amenity was a storage room for the team’s hockey gear, and having breakfast as part of the hotel package was helpful especially for our early morning games. The meal sitting times were set according to game schedules which also worked for us.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the team enjoyed the games room as a meeting place. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The only thing I wished different was the little bit of rust on the shower curtain rail and staining of the tub caulking.

I noticed that they had bicycles for use of guests in the summer, which would be fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Andrew W,

Thank you so much for staying at and reviewing The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre! I'm very happy that you were here to see our city's Christmas parade, so much fun for families! I do hope that you get an opportunity to return during warm weather, our bicycles are in high demand for jaunts to the park and around town. See you in the New Year!
prince george bc
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our son's hockey team came down to Kamloops to play in a hockey tournament and we stayed at the Thompson hotel. What a great place for families! They have a games room that our team hung out in and the pool and hot tub were very welcome after a cold rink. We didn't do too well, but we were happy that we found this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear billfrompg,

We are always happy to welcome teams and their families to The Thompson! As you noted, we offer the perfect setup for families to get together and enjoy their "home away from home" during sports season. I hope we see you again, thank you for your kind review.
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Front desk staff were e extremely friendly and welcoming. The pool and games sera was awesome, the kids really enjoyed spending time there. Rooms were spotless, and beds were very comfy. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a double room, lots of space and 2 tv's
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear jlrlsojjrslfrs,

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed one of our Family Rooms during your recent stay at The Thompson! They are very spacious and give your little ones room to play and sleep in comfort. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon! Enjoy the holiday season!
Sun Peaks, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed over night, after flying in from the UK as a pit stop between hear and Sun Peaks. This was the second time I have stayed at the Thompson. All the staff were extremely friendly and approachable and let me leave my bags in store the following day as I had a few chores to do the following day. My room was very clean and comfy. The pool and hot tube are was also very clean and well maintained, a welcome sight after a long flight! I will deffently stay at the Thompson again and will also recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Carollyn A, Hotel Manager at The Thompson Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Bex1987_12,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our Thompson Team is dedicated to ensuring that you experience the very best we can offer you every time you stay with us. We are ideally situated for those that need the amenities of the city while visiting the world class slopes of Sun Peaks. I do hope we will see you again soon!