All reviews double tree warm cookies rocky mountaineer nice hotel breakfast buffet upon check downtown area front desk staff comfortable bed short stay riverside park en route road trip one night stay an overnight stay pool and hot tub claudio
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Kamloops Doubletree appears right on the edge of downtown, which is pretty quiet at night. Not much to do nearby, including eat, so keep that in mind when settling in for the night. Staff is friendly and helpful; hotel is mostly clean; and breakfast is the highlight of the stay. Significantly above average options for breakfast.

Fitness was closed, which was disappointing. And rooms are on the smaller side.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
SiddharthA250, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Doubletree by Hilton Kamloops to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Reviewed February 20, 2019

Everything was perfect, location, staff rooms! Would definitely stay again. The cookies are a nice touch and so is the flavoured water in the lobby! Hot tub was out of service while we stayed but looking forward to trying it next time

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
SiddharthA250, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Stayed here for two days, parking seemed quite limited, but managed to find a spot, check-in was smooth, reception were friendly, and I receive a warm cookie, yum. Room was clean and pretty nice, more or less what I expected, two queen beds, which were comfortable, and a nice arm chair which I used often. I liked that there were a number of lights in the room so I could modify lighting as needed. Bathroom was small but decent, however water leaked out of the bottom of the shower door which seemed impossible to avoid. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room service was prompt (only ordered once). Location made it great to walk around the downtown area, which was a plus. Overall my stay was pleasant, and good value, would stay again.

Date of stay: December 2018

Reviewed February 7, 2019

This facility has been a landmark in Kamloops for years and has recently received a thorough facelift. I should get such a facelift. Staff is very accommodating, beds are great, and there's a nice complimentary breakfast buffet. Two brew pubs very near by, too!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Reviewed February 6, 2019

After check-in at the front counter, I received a warm chocolate chip cookie! I really think that is a nice touch, as most people are starving after a long trip. Once I got to my room, it was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a nice size, however it only offers a stand-up shower - no bathtub. There are plenty of towels available. The bed and pillows are extremely comfortable. The décor in the room is updated and nicely furnished. Coffee and tea are there for your convenience. I only stayed one night for business, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business