“Beautiful upgrade to a convenient location”
Review of Hotel 540

Hotel 540
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had an excellent stay at the newly renovated Hotel 540. Modern updates to rooms and common areas, as well as easier access to the front desk on arrival. We didn't use the casino so cannot comment on any changes there. The family room was huge! Beds were very comfortable and the heat controls for the room were new, and no noisy fan running all the time! The front desk staff were very helpful. Shannon helped us out on more than one occasion as we had a young baby and needed some extras. She was warm and friendly and very knowledgeable. The bellman, Phil was courteous, friendly and very helpful with all of our needs with baby. We would definitely stay there again, loved the green initiative the hotel is aiming for as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Jacalyn B,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I was pleased you enjoyed the environmentally superior units we have put in. We are very proud of our 5 Green Key Rating we recently received - tops in the Interior of BC and very rare ! We look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards

Bryan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The 540 came recommended by the staff at the golf course restaurant. The property is located near many pubs/bars/restaurants which was very handy, walking distances! Was an excellent experience, friendly and helpful staff, underground secure parking (for my new car), very comfortable room. I was comped a breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was quick and top quality, very good no complaints on the food.

Room Tip: I was in room 540, funny! it was great. Away from the elevator near the end of the hall, a bit of a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Denis N,

Thanks for taking the time to share - and very pleased to see how our local residents recommend and refer people to us. You stayed on the 5th floor- our club floor which are our best rooms and our best deal ! Including full breakfast, parking and lots of extras ! Well done.

We look forward to seeing you again when golfing in Kamloops !

Bryan

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have stayed more than once @Hotel 540. The recent renovations are great plus the beds are so comfy that I had a wonderful sleep..Also found the place quiet .Suits me fine after a busy day !! The Hotel staff from housekeeping to front desk are very obliging. We also take in at least one evening to visit the casino. During the day we walk around Victoria St. & find a nice spot for Brunch. We find Hotel 540 is central to whatever you might want. This time we were in for a wedding so housekeeping cleaned our room for us after we headed off to the ceremony. I feel very safe @ this hotel & always enjoy our time there. J&M

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Mac s,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience ! I am pleased to read that you are a repeat guest and enjoy all our team, location and amenities have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon !

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were staying the weekend for a family wedding, we found the room very clean and comfortable. The king bed was super comfy and the plush robes provided in the room was a nice touch. The service checking in was very quick and very friendly. We needed a cot in the room and most places you have to wait for it to be delivered but there was a girl with the cot following us to our room!
Wasn't to thrilled with the $10.00 charge for parking in Kamloops though.
We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant and found it very quick and hot food.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Karen H,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the wedding, room and our breakfast service. As we have developed heated underground parking - most of our guests enjoy this luxury (along with the new valet parking option !) - especially in the winter, and don't mind the cost for the convenience. We have chosen not to bury this fee in the rate, as many other hotels do - as we have many guests who arrive by airplane. I am pleased to hear you will recommend us, as so many locals do - we were pleased to have just won the local paper's readers choice award for favourite hotel !

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed a hotel 540 recently for a wedding. I enjoyed the sleep as it was the best ever, i travel a great deal and was so comfortable. Front Desk Staff were extremely helpful, and offered great advice on were to eat. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and kind. Again as I have mentioned I travel a great deal and will be recommending this property. They have invested a great deal of money and time which make a difference for when you looking for something more in Kamloops. I also enjoyed the new drive thru, Steven was extremley proffessional and helpful. I will be recommending this to all my associates.

Room Tip: Club Floor was great, breakfast parking all the extras
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Bennett W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. As a seasoned traveler, I am pleased we lived up to your high expectations ! I was particularly pleased to read of the great service you received by our doorman Steven as well as the entire team. We are very proud of our new entrance and porte cochere.

Ps. I love our new pillow top mattresses too !

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

... why to choose this hotel in Kamloops, BC. First off, the staff.. they were extremely helpful and friendly and enthusiastic about the place; second, the location.. near the river, in the center of town, it's location makes life perfectly convenient; third, the renovation.. it is really nice inside which is kind of surprising given the outside, but it is spacious, modern and comfortable inside; fourth, the lounge.. it's decor was minimal and classy and the drinks were superb; fifth, the friendly staff.. oh, I mentioned that already, well that's okay because it's a point worth making twice. The people make the place, as they say and this is certainly true about Hotel 540. I had a good there and would definitely return. I won't really give you 540 reasons, but I could.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Calgarystampedeyeeha,

I love it! 540 reasons...wow ! In all seriousness, thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and the team. Despite the multi-million dollar renovation, it really is the people that make the difference and we all work hard at improving what we do each day.

I could give you 540 reasons why I loved the Calgary Stampede this summer ! yee haw !

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I laughed when the girl at the desk told us that there was a Denny's up the street when just a block away we found a lovely little breaky spot that same day.

The staff made the stay though. The second night in we decided to visit the lounge and wound up chatting with the most delightful front desk gal we'd met on our travels.

The room was the finest they had and it wasn't the quality we expected from the outside of the building. Very surprising and quite a delight.

My recommendation's; stay in and order room service, play some black jack in the casino, go for breakfast at the little spot a block over and relax and enjoy a good hotel experience.

I'll go back. Just not to Denny's :)

Sam

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Shangomango,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed Room Service, the lounge and our team ! I might be missing something on the Denny's thing...nothing against our friends a few blocks away - but yes there are many breakfast options (room service, our restaurant -perhaps you were up before 6 30 am !)

We hope to see you again soon !