“Best Sleep Ever”

Hotel 540
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed a hotel 540 recently for a wedding. I enjoyed the sleep as it was the best ever, i travel a great deal and was so comfortable. Front Desk Staff were extremely helpful, and offered great advice on were to eat. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and kind. Again as I have mentioned I travel a great deal and will be recommending this property. They have invested a great deal of money and time which make a difference for when you looking for something more in Kamloops. I also enjoyed the new drive thru, Steven was extremley proffessional and helpful. I will be recommending this to all my associates.

Room Tip: Club Floor was great, breakfast parking all the extras
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Bennett W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. As a seasoned traveler, I am pleased we lived up to your high expectations ! I was particularly pleased to read of the great service you received by our doorman Steven as well as the entire team. We are very proud of our new entrance and porte cochere.

Ps. I love our new pillow top mattresses too !

Kind Regards,

Bryan Pilbeam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

... why to choose this hotel in Kamloops, BC. First off, the staff.. they were extremely helpful and friendly and enthusiastic about the place; second, the location.. near the river, in the center of town, it's location makes life perfectly convenient; third, the renovation.. it is really nice inside which is kind of surprising given the outside, but it is spacious, modern and comfortable inside; fourth, the lounge.. it's decor was minimal and classy and the drinks were superb; fifth, the friendly staff.. oh, I mentioned that already, well that's okay because it's a point worth making twice. The people make the place, as they say and this is certainly true about Hotel 540. I had a good there and would definitely return. I won't really give you 540 reasons, but I could.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Calgarystampedeyeeha,

I love it! 540 reasons...wow ! In all seriousness, thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and the team. Despite the multi-million dollar renovation, it really is the people that make the difference and we all work hard at improving what we do each day.

I could give you 540 reasons why I loved the Calgary Stampede this summer ! yee haw !

Best Regards

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I laughed when the girl at the desk told us that there was a Denny's up the street when just a block away we found a lovely little breaky spot that same day.

The staff made the stay though. The second night in we decided to visit the lounge and wound up chatting with the most delightful front desk gal we'd met on our travels.

The room was the finest they had and it wasn't the quality we expected from the outside of the building. Very surprising and quite a delight.

My recommendation's; stay in and order room service, play some black jack in the casino, go for breakfast at the little spot a block over and relax and enjoy a good hotel experience.

I'll go back. Just not to Denny's :)

Sam

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Shangomango,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed Room Service, the lounge and our team ! I might be missing something on the Denny's thing...nothing against our friends a few blocks away - but yes there are many breakfast options (room service, our restaurant -perhaps you were up before 6 30 am !)

We hope to see you again soon !

Best Regards

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We ended up here at the recomendation of a clerk at another hotel, this was due to most places being full. The hotel does not look much from the outside but is very nice inside. The rooms are moderate sized with comfortable beds. The restaurant serves good food.

Room Tip: As usual the higher the better. The hotel has lifts.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear PeterTownsville,

G'Day ! thanks for your kind words and taking the time to share your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and our restaurant. We are just beginning some outdoor enhancements (new front entrance is done) - as they say... it is what's on the inside that counts ! as such we spent our money on the inside first. I am glad you agreed it was the right choice !

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I arrived at the hotel to discover that the information on their website did not match the actual room. When I inquired about the discrepancy, it turns out that it was an error on their website. The desk manager quickly changed my booking (despite being fully booked) to ensure that I had the ameneties that I needed to be able to work during my conference.

The rooms on the club floor have all been fully renovated and are brand new. The bathrooms have showers (not bathtubs) and are super-clean. The bed was so comfortable and it was one of the best night's sleep in a hotel that I've ever had. Modern and very nice decor, plush bathrobes, everything one needs for a business trip (free wi-fi).

While the room was good value, I didn't appreciate having to pay $10/night for parking in such a small town.

Room Tip: Club floor was very comfortable, but the bathrooms in the standard rooms have not been renovated fro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear steurkers,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. As you mentioned, we do have varying types of rooms and we do take time to describe and show the accordingly - my apologies if this was unclear or not accurate ! we are just in the process of a website switchover. Essentially like a car brand - we have different models at different prices ! Please note some of these do include parking and breakfast.

Kind Regards and we look forward to seeing you again soon !

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here midway thro our rockies tour. Arrived in pouring rain and coach had problems parking due to hoardings and barriers protecting the front of the hotel for renovations to the entrance.

Given welcome drink and the keys were swiftly issued. Good large room, everything you needed, it overlooked the front street, lucky with our timings tho as shortly after we arrived seemed liked thousands arrived from the train.

When it was time for dinner it was still raining, so we decided to eat in house, first thought was that it was a very small restaurant for such a large hotel. In any case it did not matter as they could not supply any hot food due to electrical problems in the kitchens.

We walked about 300 yards from the hotel to a place I think was called the gutsy pig. what a place full of atmosphere it was just amazing. After sitting at our table the first thing we were given was a beer menu, they had such an array of beers i could believe it. The food was good and at a reasonable cost

Next morning we had breakfast in the hotel as things were working again, but , sadly serving food warm seemed to be a problem.

All in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear El-Tel 2003,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, however I apologize for the electrical problems we had. Our team did their best given the circumstance - but given how busy we were- it seems we fell short in some areas. I am pleased to read you found The Noble Pig- this is a great partner of ours, in our sister hotel - The Thompson.

Now that our renovations are over, we hope to see you again with a hot meal !

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We travelled Gold Leaf class on the Rocky Mountaineer eastbound from Vancouver, en route to Banff. The entrance to Hotel Five540Forty was in the final stages of renovation. The public areas were clean and the seating areas, while limited for a group of our size, were very comfortable. My room #424 was compact but very clean. My daughter and son-in-law had a suite. Oh my! I walked into the bathroom and low and behold there was a walk in shower,at least two metres long with a large sitting area. Now that was impressive. The room was very quiet so I opened the window; the noise of traffic was not loud but persistent. Closed the window, just silence. The hotel and its renovators are to be complimented for going first class. I did not have the opportunity to visit the hotel's restaurant but others in our group said that it met their expectations. Yes, there is a casino next door but you would not know it was there unless you went looking for it. I have made this comment as a result of earlier comments made by others expressing concern about the noise and traffic. Renovations are now near completion. I shall be staying at this property on my next visit to Kamloops.

Room Tip: The suite was located at the end of the hall. Great for a couple and for family rendezvous (with chi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Pete447,

Thank you for being so detailed in your great review ! Yes we are now finished our renovations! With new environmentally and improved soundproof windows, you can really have it all in Kamloops - downtown location and amenities, on site conveniences and entertainment, Kamloops' on heated underground parkade and great food through Room Service or our Restaurant !

We look forward to seeing you again soon.