“Front counter staff ruined it”

Accent Inn Kamloops
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Booked a room, arrived and the front desk person picked a different person's reservation and gave me that one and said it was because I booked the wrong date. What? They gave a room with a queen (booked a king). Okay mistakes happen, after I showed me email confirmation they acknowledged it.
I forgot an expensive pair of new trail runners when I left. When I called one person was going to check lost and found box and call me back. Didn't happen. When I called again another person checked maid's log book and said nothing found. Too lazy to check found items I guess.
The room had an annoying mechanical or electrical buzz all night. Clean but barely slept.
Pay more, get service and a good sleep... Elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
ManagerAIKam, General Manager at Accent Inn Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Ktown;
I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Thank you for understanding that mistakes happen and I sincerely apologize that we did not communicate back to you regarding your trail runners. I have personally looked for these shoes and assure you that they are not here. Once again, so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I can only hope and ask that you allow us a chance in the future to show you the great service others write about.

There are newer reviews for Accent Inn Kamloops

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago, but we actually also stayed here a year ago, and knew from that stay that we would not need to look elsewhere for a place to stay in Kamloops. This time we were glad to return. We were delighted to be upgraded to a spotless quiet little suite - we had not mentioned it was our wedding anniversary, so this was an especially nice thing to happen! Perhaps lots of things are the same as any good motel (clean, quiet, safe, nice little touches), but it's the customer service that will bring us back. The staff actually seemed to care that we were staying there.We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerAIKam, General Manager at Accent Inn Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Mr. & Ms. Schindell;
Wow. Thank you for recommending our Inn. We are very proud of our staff and it is so kind of you to mention your service from them. I will be sure to pass this along . Congratulations on your anniversary and we would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I travel a lot for work, and I am always happy with my stay at the Kamloops Accent Inn. My room is always fresh and clean, I always have a great stay near to so many amenities and the service is excellent and the people are very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the North side
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear ZWineNinja;
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. It is our honour to be recognized as your home away from home! Love the name, by the way!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very comfortable,neat and clean.Service was very good.Good price, Hotel is so perfectly located near restaurants, shopping, highway and with an awesome view overlooking Kamloops and the Thompson River valley.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 41Ellen;
So glad you could take in our beautiful Thompson River valley. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our location and our team really appreciate that you've taken the time to comment on their efforts. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent, neat, comfortable, clean. What more do I need to say. Good price, friendly staff and that is what I ordered. Trip advisor wants 200 words, why do I need to write an essay about the place. Excellent, neat, comfortable, clean Excellent, neat, comfortable, cleanExcellent, neat, comfortable, clean

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest:
Thanks for turning in your homework! Kidding aside, we really appreciate that you've passed along your thoughts about us and I will be sure to pass along the same to our team. Happy travels.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I just finished a 16 night stay while on business in Kamloops and have to say this was a 'home away from home'. I was upgraded at no extra charge to a two room suite with kitchen! Thanks Christina! Hotel is so perfectly located near restaurants, shopping, highway and with an awesome view overlooking Kamloops and the Thompson River valley. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Bed was perfect. During my stay there was a number of "team buses" parked out front on many occasions yet I barely heard anything! Rooms are quiet! Plus I think they do a great job of placing guests around the hotel. I've stayed in places where it seems they place everyone in the same corner or same floor no matter what. I also enjoyed a soak in the hot tub each night. So relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel. Thanks for taking care of me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
ManagerAIKam, General Manager at Accent Inn Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Randy;
What an honour to be called 'your home away from home'! We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Christine. We are delighted when our team members efforts are recognized by our guests. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael319