All reviews cooked meals free continental breakfast room was clean hot tub needed a place to stay attached restaurant close to downtown on site restaurant air conditioner a great place to stay indoor pool hot breakfast would stay again road trip pleasant surprise stayed here for one night long drive
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2014

All the rave reviews I guess I didnt realize it was a budget motel, since we paid $125 a night. The antiquated heater did not work but they did bring a space heater to fill in. The various teenagers staying there raised havoc in the halls until about midnight so we felt that was uncalled for and very inconsiderate. (since it was a tournament weekend I asked before booking if there were going to be a bunch of noisy sports teams there and was assured there were not!) When I called the manager, no one answered. On a positive note the breakfast (10% off the hot breakfast included with the room) was excellent.

Room tip: Not sure if they have a quiet area.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Atish P, Manager at Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I would like to apologise that you did not enjoy your stay.

As we were anticipating warm weather for the long weekend and weeks to come, we shut down our heating system and did not expect the sudden overnight cooler weather. This was the reason you were provided a space heater.

We were not aware that any teams were staying with us as each room was individually booked by name and they did not indicate that they were with a team at the time that their reservation was taken.. To our knowledge, we knew of only one team staying with us and they actually stayed at our partnered accommodation property Parkview Motel which is located across the street.

We have personnel on-site 24 hours and before this review was posted my staff did inform me that around 11:30pm they were called to ask the group to keep the noise level down. While he was out, this may have been when you called. Apologies for this.

However we are glad that you enjoyed your meal at our family restaurant. There is nothing like starting your day off on the right foot with a hearty home cooked meal that is satisfying and hits the spot.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make this right the next time your travels bring you to Kamloops.

Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good Inn for the price we paid. We had a night's stay in their room with mountain view. There was not much of a mountain view. Would not recommend topping up for a room with mountain view.

The check-in was swift and staff was friendly. The exterior of the inn may look rundown for some but the room exceeded our expectations. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Two comfortable double beds and still plenty of room.

We had our breakfast at the on-site family restaurant. It has a very homely feeling and their breakfast sets were very tasty and they come in generous portions. Would recommend you to skip the free continental breakfast and go for the hot breakfast (10% off). The on-site family restaurant closes about 8pm. There are plenty of food options nearby too! There is complimentary wifi as well.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank meixuanw
Atish P, Manager at Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you had a great stay at a great value and noticed some of the many updates that we have done.

It makes our owners, management and team that your room exceeded your expectations.

Our Serta Concierge Plush Beds are one of the new additions that we have done recently. Many of our guests rave about the great sleep they have had and always ask, "Where can I buy one?"

Your recommendation for the 10% discount is something we offer all guests who stay with us so that they can experience what all our travellers and locals are talking about.

Our WiFi is also one of many FREE amenities we off as well.

We thank you again for you positive reviews.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good price for what you get. The rooms are clean and the front desk was very helpful during our stay. They have free wireless, but it was a tad slow. I will stay here the next time I travel to Kamloops.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure our housekeeping team is acknowledged for providing you with a clean room. We pride ourselves to make sure the standards exceed every guest's expectations.

Whatever department of our hotel, we do whatever it takes to provide every guest with a positive, memorable experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at Scott's Inn in Kamloops for a single night. I chose them based on their proximity to my location, and the fact that they got reasonably favorable reviews on Yelp. From the outside, Scott's Inn doesn't look like much-your typical lower end roadside motel, so I wasn't expecting much. I asked for a single queen room, and they quoted me a price of $85. Due to availability, they upgraded me to two-bed "extra long" double bed room at no charge. Upon entering my room, I was incredibly surprised to find that (likely due to a recent remodel), the room had all the modern fixtures and amenities, including an in-room mini fridge, microwave, iron & ironing board, and large flat-screen tv. The room was roomy, if not huge. It was immaculately clean. The room was on par with many mid-range hotels I have stayed in. I spent the night in a blissfully quiet room, and slept like a log (with extra room at the foot of the bed!). The next morning, I went to the attached Scott's Family Diner, and presented them with the coupon I'd been given the night before. It was good for either free continental breakfast, or 10% off any meal, plus a free juice or milk. I had some delicious eggs benny with homemade hollandaise, and plenty of their coffee. While not gourmet, it was delicious down home cooking that hit the spot for me. The only negative thing I could possibly say is that there was a bright light shining right outside the door all night, and the light streamed in the window next to it. I jury-rigged a solution with the ironing board, but if you like to sleep in the dark, an eye-mask is recommended. I recommend Scott's Inn to anyone looking for a great place to stay that doesn't break the bank.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for writing this 5 star review. Recently we have renovated and I express my gratitude to you for noticing the changes that have been made. From our new Serta Concierge Plush Beds, flat screen Tv's and just recently our new irons and ironing boards.

We are glad that you found your room, as you said, "immaculately clean" As we stay competitive with the big chain hotels, we are always improving our property to serve you, the guest, better!

It is appreciated that you noticed our extra-long beds for our tall guests and that your sleep was blissfully quiet. Our hotel is advantageous for being located in a quiet residential area, away from major traffic areas and highways but close enough to easily access.

Being famous for home cooked meals, our Eggs Benny & homemade hollandaise sauce on the weekends are one of many favorites on our well designed menu.

Thank you for the feedback about the hallway light shining through the window. I will have my maintenance team have a look to find a solution.

Your review and your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our room was very clean and spacious, have no complaints. Wish we could have used the hottub and pool but ran out of time. Good location, but the price is comparable to other places in town that may have more services on site, I would not call it cheap cheap.
The restaurant was small but very speedy, the food was good home cooking but I would not say it is some amazing eatery, pretty average from where I come from, but compared to chain restaurants it is better.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for writing this review. It is great to see such a seasoned reviewer write a positive one.

We are glad that you found your room as you said, "clean and spacious". We hope that next time you will have a bit more time to experience our indoor pool and hot tub that is open all year round.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed our quiet location and found our restaurant very efficient.

We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to the Kamloops area.

Kind Regards,