“Ideal for short stay”

Riverland Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This suited us very well as well only had one night & our room had been booked by the Rocky mountaineer team. Our room was huge with cooking facilities and right on the river so the view was nice. Cannot comment on staff as we did not have any need to use their services.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Located on the waterfront beside a beautiful restaurant "storms". We had second floor balcony kitchenette suite. Very clean. Bedding and duvets were very comfie. Staff helpful BBQ area with lots of patio furniture. Would be a great location for a group to meet. Breakfast was a full hot breakfast. Will go bak again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I stayed over the May long weekend.
The hotel has 2 pet friendly rooms but they both had been booked so we had to make arraignments for our dog to stay with a friend. While checking in I asked what if my dog was a service dog. Was told that they would not be allowed to stay because after all it was still a pet.
This has bothered me ever since, and with checking with PADS and the Human Rights Tribunal I have also found out that it is illegal to deny someone with a service pet and the correct paperwork.
Overall the room was ok, the pool and hottub a bit dirty, breakfast was a zoo and staff attitude a bit rude. Maybe I was put off by the whole service pet attitude.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night en route from Vancouver to The Rockies. We booked a suite overlooking the river and we were really impressed by the space and cleanliness of it. We had a little balcony overlooking the river which we used at it was a lovely warm afternoon when we arrived. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. There is a small indoor pool. We would recommend this hotel but would advise guests to either find an alternative restaurant for dinner than the adjacent "Storms" which we didn't enjoy, or take advantage of the BBQ facility offered by the hotel. Breakfast is quite basic but adequate to get you on the road in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We haven't stayed there before and found it quite enjoyable. the staff are super friendly and helpful. We had great weather and went for a long walk along the river which was really nice. The resterant next door was good value and nice views too, very convenient. The only downside is it's next door to a major bridge and the traffic and noise never stops. They have a complimentary hot breakfast with all the majors and it was delicious in a lovely room overlooking the river. the bed was pretty hard

Room Tip: ask for the river side
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We usually stay here on our way to Vancouver every year. I have always liked this place because I feel I am given good value for my money. Our room has always been spotless, staff is super nice and complimentry breakfast is an added bonus before going on the road.This year I was dissapointed with our stay though. When we first got the room everything looked fine but as I was using the washroom I notice an ant on the floor. Upon looking further I found two more in the bathroom and another five or so around the sink area outside the washroom. Since I was not paying to sleep with ants or any other bugs I went and asked for another room. The guy at the frontdesk was very apologetic and moved us right away. The second room seemed fine, everything was clean etc. However the next morning when I went to take a shower I ended up standing in a foot of water after five minutes. I warned my boyfriend that if he planned on showering it would be more like a bath. He unscrewed the top part of the drain and let me just say it was disgusting. Probably ten yrs of hair and who knows what else built up....gross. I let the women know while I was checking out and again was met with a very apologetic response. At this point I am unsure if I would return here as this the first time I have had any issues staying at this hotel but these are things that are dealbreakers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeeTraveller69
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in Kamloops area for business and my company booked me into this hotel. I was able to drive up to my door and park right outside. The staff were so friendly and helpful in telling me about the local areas and where to eat. I enjoyed having the pool and hot tub to myself :) Very pleasant stay...I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business